Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broad/b - Paid Tech help needed in Dunlaoire

• 26-01-2005 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭

Is there anybody nearish to Dun Laoire who can help.
    I am willing to pay !

My home PC has had broadband for over a year. However following a bit of housekeeping (!) my connection has failed completely with an error "E0115" as if it can't find modem.
    I also upgraded to a new microsoft office and now Microsoft access is not working. There are other problems also.
    I am on windows 2000 professional.

I suspect that the best thing to do is to re-install the Eircom broadband software (which I don't have). Also possibly re-install windows 2000?

Any gurus out there looking for a few bob?
    No hackers please !!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Hi,

your error message would suggest the following:

E0115 : Failed to locate a suitable adapter.
    The TCP/IP driver may be corrupt. Please consult with the manufacturer of your PC and re-install the TCP/IP drivers.

HTH

M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Are you using an internal Ethernet Card, if so, try moving it to another slot ( with the PC turned off! ) then power back on a see if it is discovered.

E0115 (unable to locate an NDIS 3 compliant Ethernet or DSL adapter) is the message that is displayed when the program fails to find an appropriate adapter....in this case an Ethernet card....

If you got any software with your Ethernet card, it's worth reinstalling it too...

It may also be a registry problem, which is far more daunting!

Advertisement