Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellamy to liverpool

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Well despite his attitude bellamy is a decent player!Once a manager can keep him in check he'd be a decent buy as surely Newcastle wont be lookin for much for him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Kencu

I don't really rate him that highly either but 5 million would be an ok deal i suppose. I think he's being hard done by in this instance. He's a bit of an idiot but on the field he really does always give 100%. My mate's a toon suporter and reckons that he's extremely under-rated but i'd still prefer Johnson. Wouldn't be ecstatic if we got him but wouldn't be gutted either. I mean its not like we payed 6million for Beattie!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Kencu wrote:
    I think he's being hard done by in this instance.
    Souness: “Craig Bellamy is not happy in the position we are asking him to play sometimes, and he’s gone about showing his displeasure in totally the wrong way. That’s why he was not involved today.

He declared himself injured on Friday and walked off; then he was fit on Saturday. We’re trying to create a team spirit at Newcastle, and I’m only interested in having players at the club who give everything for the cause.

Bellamy: “I got left out and there have been reports, but I am fully fit.”

"When I heard what the manager was saying I was in shock. I thought 'not only has he gone behind my back, he's lying',"

Shepherd: “He walked off the training ground saying his hamstring was tight, but what he failed to reveal in his interview was that he had told other members of the squad before training that he intended to feign injury.

“When Graeme Souness discovered this, he immediately ordered Bellamy to attend a meeting with us in my office. At that meeting, Bellamy admitted to Graeme and I that he had told the players that he was going to ‘fake’ an injury in training and walk off. He also agreed at that meeting to apologise to his team mates for his behaviour.

Souness: "After Friday's press conference at St James' Park, I arrived at the training ground to find Craig Bellamy in the dressing-room with his boots off.

"He told me he felt his hamstring was a bit tight but my first-team coach, Dean Saunders, informed me that Bellamy had told other players in the dressing-room he was going to feign an injury. I took him to see the chairman on Friday afternoon at St James' Park and he admitted to both of us that this was true. I asked him in front of the chairman if he had feigned an injury. He said 'yes'.

"I told Bellamy that he had to apologise to the rest of the players but then I found out later he had not done so. That was on Friday teatime and that's when I decided he wasn't going to be in my team at Arsenal. If he had apologised, he would have been."

Bellamy: "I won't apologise because I have done nothing wrong. There's no doubt about it, I am out of here."

So, not only did he feign injury and fail to apologise to his teammates, he still thinks he has done nothing wrong. There's no way he's been hard done by and I hope Stoke is the only offer he gets.

BTW, this is only of many, many incidents with Bellamy at Newcastle and I'm suprised he lasted so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

liverpoolfc website doesnt seem the most reliable i found,afew months ago they had a full story about duff ready to join i remember so take it with a grain of salt

• Advertisement
Advertisement