Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

micks garage gets Indo mention.

Options
  • 26-01-2005 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

More logging on for 50pc cut in car parts

MORE people are going onto the internet to buy spare parts for their car, cutting costs by up to 50pc in some cases, writes Kathy Donaghy.

In yet another example of the changing consumer behaviour and rising cost-consciousness, a fledgling Irish company is encouraging Irish consumers to check out their car parts and accessories online.

Ciaran Crean, managing director of www.micksgarage.com said the website allows consumers to find exactly what they are looking for by entering the details of the car part combined with car model and year of registration. The site then directs the consumer to the correct part they need, offering savings of up to 50pc with products being shipped within 48 hours.

Just though it worth a mention! :)

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

have u seen their price, they arent cheap considering east coast car parts in dublin have everything for less
    (thats where i go)
    although the convenience factor makes it worth it if u cant get out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Just had a quick look - seems very expensive. I just looked at axle stands and trolley jacks seeing as these have been available cheaply in Argos and Aldi lately. I see mick has a 2 ton trolley jack for 47 quid but if you want it with a case it's 54 quid! Expensive and stingy IMO. Noticed a lot of other things which seem expensive compared to the likes of Halfords and GSF.

Jaysus look at the price of the haynes manuals! Nearly 37 quid for a Renault Megane one that was 29.99 in Motorway Blanchardstown (not considered a cheap shop) before everything was reduced to half price.

BrianD3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

Ordered a replacement mirror glass yesterday.
    Getting it delivered for €22, not much wrong with that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You proberly think I have shares in the place! :D

I only mentioned it as an example of on-line shopping which the main-stream media have picked up on, as ever its a case of shop around.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

mike65 wrote:
    Just though it worth a mention! :)

Mike.

in fairness micks isnt going to save anyone 50% the media really havent got a clue about anything. micks does offer great convienience though

• Advertisement
Advertisement