Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairing a 'dent' in an aluminium door

Options
  • 26-01-2005 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭

Our ex-landlord has withheld our deposit on the grounds that there's a dent in the aluminium door leading to the balcony in our previous apartment. He says it's about the size of a 1 euro coin, and it's almost as if it was torn or gouged out. I can't really picture what he's going on about, and we definitely didn't do this damage as, by his description, it sounds almost malicious.

Anyway, we're having loads of trouble with him and our deposit, so I suggested finding a possible way of repairing damage like he's describing.

So, is there anyway that someone could repair this? Maybe by filling the hole with something and painting over it with aluminium paint (if it exists) or something?

Thanks,

Si.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

If the damage is in a panel it should be possible to get a replacement fitted, the hard part is most aluminium doors have to be taken apart to fit the panel.

Where is the door ? I know a Gent in the Dublin area who may be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hi Pete, thanks for responding. The apartment is in Blackrock. I'm not fully sure what the damage is, though our ex-landlord has offered to show it to us if we want so that we can get a better picture of it.

Do you have any idea how much it would cost?

Cheers,

Si.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

Check your mail box, I have sent the contact details that way because I am not sure if it's correct to post another persons details on the internet.

Advertisement