Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUSSY!!!!!

Options
  • 19-09-2000 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

giantpussy.jpg

think this is a real cat? I think it's a fake, but I can't see any evidence of tampering when I look at it in photoshop...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

ok,

apart from blurring around the tail and a bit of blockiness around the eyes, both of which could be caused by motion, that's one fcking ginormous cat.

anyhoo, I was just testing posting a pic. Finally I can post them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I saw one even bigger that was reportedly the fattest cat in the world - but that's a close second. The owner used to feed it greasy chinese food all the time.

I swear I know that guy! biggrin.gifeek.gifbiggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Blitzkrieger (edited 19-09-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Wow. That's one large cat!

I am inflatible !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Ok, or.....
    It's a normal sized cat, and the man is just really small....

[-_+]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

By looking at the posture of the man and the temperment and body shape of the cat, id rekon its fake.
    You would lean back a little more than that, and you woul have it pushed more against your chest to support a weight like that.
    Besides. Wheres his second hand? you would have that under the cat fully to be able to hold it.
    Neway.
    I h8 cats smile.gif

• Advertisement

Well, if you look closely, you can see that the fur just above it's front left leg is pushed out a bit. The man's hand is under it's chest with his thumb around under the cat's armpit (eeeewwww)....

I agree about the stance bit, bit maybe the photo was taken before he leaned back or took the weight fully.

Certainly I think the photo is a fake, but I just can't find the proof of it. At least not non-speculative, definitive proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Who cares about the cat, thats one Huge Seksy man.............

I mean yea Big cat smile.gif

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭metalchicken

cool smile.gif

how can you possibly hate cats Paladin? they is cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭HardKore

Holy **** that is one big cat. where did you get that pic????

[BSE]HardKore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭TonY Stark$

Me thinks it's fake. Look at it's front right leg. But still i want to believe so, holy $h1t!!!! and the rest of it.

=PF=TonY Stark$

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Old Spike

Its a fake!!! No one could grow a beard like that smile.gif

The cats big though aint it biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Haha muppets, it's so obviously a fake.

1: The blurring around the tail in front of the window
    2: The man's stance
    3: The state of its front right leg
    4: Where the fup is its back right leg?!?
    5: The way your man's fingers are against the cat's side at the back looks a bit dodgy
    6: There's a light source behind the cat, as you can see through the fur on its belly. Of course the man could be wearing a small light bulb on his jumper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Thats one fat fake...
    By the way, yer man should lose some weight. He's fatter than the fake cat.

Im going to the bear fights tomorrow, want to come with ??

1. Cat's tails do that when they're annoyed.
    2. Is is bracing himself a bit
    3. That does look a bit odd
    4. You can just about see the toes
    5. Prolly half - hidden by fur
    6. It has long hair - you can see how long it is by the black patch on it's side

hmmm,

well, here's a few facts to consider:

Fattest Cat: The heaviest recorded cat was called Himmy. Himmy weighed in at 21.3kg when he died on March 12th 1986 aged 10 years.

Smallest Cat: Tinker Toy, a male blue point Himalayan Persian cat who lives in Illinois, USA, is just 7cm tall and 19cm long.

Oldest Cat: The oldest reliably recorded cat was a female tabby called Ma, Ma lived to be 34 years old and died on November 5th 1957.

The all-time senior-citizen cat record is still held by Puss, a cat who lived with Mrs. T. Holway of Devon, England, until she died on November 29, 1939 just one day after her 36th birthday.

Most Prolific Cat: A tabby from Texas, USA, called Dusty produced 420 kittens. She gave birth to her last litter on June 12th 1952.

Largest Litter: A Burmese/Siamese cat from Oxfordshire, UK, gave birth to the largest litter on August 7th 1970. She had 19 kittens!!! Four were stillborn.

Oldest Cat Mother: In may 1987 a 30-year-old cat called Litty had two kittens.

Best Climber: A four-month-old kitten from Geneva, Switzerland followed climbers to the summit of Matterhorn (4,478m) on September 6th 1950.

Earliest Cat to have a Name: The first Cat recorded as having a name was "Nedjem" (which means "star"), who lived during the reign of the Egyptian Pharoah Thutmose III in 1479BC to 1425BC.

Most Travelled Cat: Hamlet escaped from his cage on a flight from Toronto, Canada, and travelled 965,600 Km (600,000 miles) in just seven weeks, until he was caught in February 1984.

Richest Cat: Blackie was left £15 million in the will of his millionaire owner Ben Rea.

Most Expensive Cat: A Californian Spangled Cat was bought for the record sum of $24,000 (Approximately £16,000) in January 1987.

Largest cat: Himmy.

Himmy, owned by Thomas Vyse of Redlynch, Cairns, Queensland, Australia, still holds the title of being the heaviest recorded cat. When he died at the age of 10 in 1986, he weighed 46 lbs 15 oz (21.3 kg). Imagine having him jump on your stomach to wake you up in the morning! A neutered male tabby, his neck measured 15 inches (38.1cm), his waist 33 inches (83.8cm) and he was 38 inches (96.5cm) long.

Another cat named Poppa came very close to Himmy's record. He was a male tabby, owned by Gladys Cooper of Newport, Gwent, UK, and weighed 44 lbs (20.19 kg) in 1984, the year before he died.

so, Himmy's waist was nearly three feet around, he was 3 foot 2 inches long (they don't include the tail when measuring a cat), and his neck was over a foot in circumference.

Does the cat above exceed those measurements?

Originally posted by metalchicken:
    cool smile.gif

how can you possibly hate cats Paladin? they is cool.

Heh heh. Come to think of it Garfield is pretty cool cool.gif
    That is an exception tho. Do cats "fetch"?
    Roll over? Lead blind people? Play lead guitar?
    noooOOOOOOOOOoooo.
    so nyaaa:P

You not gone to pommie land yet?
    No wait. Thats what aussies call england.
    Have you gone down under I mean?
    No wait. That sounds sexual.
    Have you not fvcked off to a cooler hemisphere yet? smile.gif

I dont know why Im asking this since you obviously havent.
    O well. Im an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

originally posted by Paladin:
    Do cats "fetch"?

Of course they don't! They're smart enough to know that as I threw the bloody stick away, I don't bloody want it tongue.gif

Bard
    _____
    -me-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

That is one humoungous pussy. Yer man's stance looks a bit casual to be holding a cat that probably weighs a good 15kg or so.

A fake, I reckon.

btw I used to have a cat that fetched smile.gif throw anything across the room and he would go and bring the bugger back straight away, then claw your hand good and proper when you tried to get it again to get rid of it smile.gif

I've a cat at the minute that does things a la Matrix, ie. running along the horizontal back of a sofa for a good 4 steps smile.gif You have to see it I suppose smile.gif

I am inflatible !

Originally posted by LoLth:
    Best Climber: A four-month-old kitten from Geneva, Switzerland followed climbers to the summit of Matterhorn (4,478m) on September 6th 1950.

LOL! could you imagine triping over a cat all the way up a mountain? Every five minutes you'd hear someone go "**** off cat!" biggrin.gif

• Advertisement

odd.jpg
    No, honestly... it's not fake!

[-_+]

LoL...

I never said the photo up top wasn't a fake. I just wondered if anyone had definate proof!

besides, with the sun outside, it is possible that it is a photo of Himmy himself (the world's largest cat) who I can't actually find a picture of. The rpesence of a human in the photo would be explained by the need for a comparison scale of some sort.

I agree with the 'casual stance' remark but again, that's subjective not actually proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

LMAO.....
    Nice Santa... biggrin.gif

ROFL @ SANTA
    Hilarious man.

LOL great stuff santa smile.gif

I am inflatible !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Call me mad but I recon the picture was made from blending a dog with a cat.
    The fur in the midle of the animal seems shorter than the rest

Young men are you listen'en to me.I said young men.......

Santa your a genius

=PF=TonY Stark$

[This message has been edited by TonY Stark$ (edited 21-09-2000).]

well actually your a muppet but that was funny.

=PF=TonY Stark$

Originally posted by TonY Stark$:
    well actually your a muppet but that was funny.

Ok newbie, whatever you say.

• Advertisement

LMAO SATA.....erm Santa smile.gif

Advertisement