Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Permanent Tsb Current Account

Options
  • 26-01-2005 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

I heard on the radio this morning that Permanent TSB are providing current accounts with no transaction costs. Has anyone got details on this offer as I would be tempted to move?
    I am aware at present if you hold your mortgage with them there are no current charges but the the new free banking offer I believe is for anyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DArcy

Up until a few months ago, the deal with that current account was that you had to have your salary mandated to the account and the average balance had to be €1000 or more. It's called a loyalty current account I believe.

Once you satisfy the criteria, you're exempt from quarterly account fees (around €12 saved every 3 months), you won't be charged for setting up standing orders or direct debits (which is €5 everytime) & there are no charges for any ATM transactions, in other words all automated banking is free. Then if you happen to have your mortgage with them or a loan over €100k, there's a few little extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Apparently they've improved it even more. Check it out here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭Enduro

Also check out NIB's Freebank account. Very similar. No charges as long as you're in credit.

Advertisement