Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Errorcom

Options
  • 26-01-2005 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

If you've Firefox, go to www.eircom.ie and you'll get this:

"Netscape provides features that can mean your username and password for www.eircom.ie could be availiable to anyone who has access to a computer.
    For more information on disabling these features click OK. "

Click OK and (Firefox blocks the pop-up first of course) here's a page all about Netscape 6 and 7...

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

In fairness they say "this computer" and not "a computer" which would be very misleading .. but that site does, indeed, suck royally.. Try the call calculator with popups blocked, try linking to a page within the site (they force the use of session id's ).. really irritating site.

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

It also is contra-intuitive in the way it gets you to click yes or no. Look at the postition that most sites have the 'yes' button and you'll see what I mean. Then there is the text colour, the font mix. But then Eircom are the people that bought local.ie - 'nuff said. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Typical eircommunist crap...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

jmcc wrote:
    It also is contra-intuitive in the way it gets you to click yes or no.
    That always catches me out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

blacknight wrote:
    That always catches me out :)
    Yep. Either the person doing the design was left-handed or the company doing the design didn't run-test it first. The strange thing is that it is so fundamental a design flaw that it would make you question the competence of the designers since it is the first thing you see when you go to log in.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
Advertisement