Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying clubs on line????

• 26-01-2005 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

This may belong in a different area but has anyone bought clubs on line? if so where?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

My father bough Taylor Made RAC O/S on ebay. I bought the same set of clubs during the summer for €600 and my dad got em of ebay for final price €300. You have to pay a bit for postage and packaging and you get taxed when they arrive. But its well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I bought the same Taylormade RAC OS from www.rockbottomgolf.com and the total came to about €390 invcluding duty.

They also have a store on ebay where I have purchased a few single clubs. Got the Da a Wilson Deep Red Maxx 12 degree seniors driver for €85 before xmas.

Service is excellent and orders arrive in 2 or 3 days by courier.

Have also used a few in the UK such as www.direct-golf.co.uk and www.letsbuygolfkit.com

Never had a problem and got some very good deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

eBay deffo. Bought a Taylor Made tour bag recently for €105 inc postage. Was €310 in McGuirks. Watch out for the duty though. Try get the sender to mark it as a 'Gift', that way you'll get away with paying the duty! The American's are so 'dawg gone' honest, that some sellers won't do that! Happy shopping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 robert1635baske

I am selling a brand new callaway great big bertha2 driver 9 degree if anyone is interested i paid over 400.00 euro for it and will sell for about 330.00 this is negotiable though.it comes with head cover and the shaft is stiff.
    p.s i how the hell do i put up a post in the forums?!!!!!!!!!!!new user

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭littlejay

got a set of taylormade x14s from uk got a bill off fed ex for 80 euro last year..customs...

l

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

watch out for american bank holidays as in 4th July, Labour day, thanksgiving etc on www.tgw.com.
    They offer extra 10 - 15% off regular prices and will this cover most of customs duty.

Or if you can have the goods sent (shipping free in US for goods over $75) to a m8 over there and get him/her to put in parcel Post at US post office.

Avoid FEDEX, TNT etc as they are obliged to collect the tax and duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭KyUss

I got a club very fast from this seller. ...
    he used US post so no duty issues ( unlike another club I got )
    SDS in ireland delivered it ... took about 4-5 days

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ25QQfrtsZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZbklily0520

bklily0520

At the moment he has only a limited selection , but I suppose the moral of the story is this.
    Order from Ebay .. but make sure that the transit to Ireland is with normal US postal service ... its still trackable on the net and probably wont get duty problems

Advertisement