Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First expansion pack for Sims2 is coming out soon!

Options
  • 26-01-2005 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

It's the Sims' college years and they get to live on campus! See here for more info. I can't wait!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

whats disgusting is that expansion packs should be made to develop a game so basically everything that was good in all the original sims expansions should of implemented into the sims 2. this underlines EA's attitude to game making. complete disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

???

But Sims 2 is the best game EVAR. You can't even compare it to Sims 1. I always thought the add-ons for Sims 1 were a bit dull and that most of the fun happened in the Sims' houses so not being able to go for meals in a restaurant or have pets in Sims 2 wasn't a major loss for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

mayordenis wrote:
    whats disgusting is that expansion packs should be made to develop a game so basically everything that was good in all the original sims expansions should of implemented into the sims 2. this underlines EA's attitude to game making. complete disgrace.

Ye, I hung my head in shame when my sister bought this game and I saw that they had clearly left out some of the basic mechanics that worked in previous expansions, obviously to leave milking space.

Well, its not my money

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

So it begins.......

Expect a thread containing 'New sims 2 expansion' on boards.ie every...ohhhh....3 or 4 months from now on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

woo more boredom ..sims 2 was fun for about..a week then....bleh!

i feel sorry for the die hard sims fans..all that money :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

what a load of f*cking c*ck

The Sims is a CGI version of Big Brother ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

It might seem crap if you haven't played it but the amount of detail in the game is mind-blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It's utter shít.

The Sims is the Big Mac of gaming.

Play FreeCiv instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The Sims puts me to sleep! I just can't see the appeal...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

That looks cool. New age group- Young Adult. It was really missing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

SyxPak wrote:
    It's utter shít.

The Sims is the Big Mac of gaming.

Play FreeCiv instead.

Your right it is utter sh*t got to hand it to ea though they sure know how to milk the crap out of a game with a audience that appears to forget their common sense every few months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

i haven't played sims 2 yet.

i'm just waiting for the inevitable deluxe edition that will come out.

The Sims is a story enabler, I believe that to enjoy the Sims, you have to imagine a background story for them and see how they progress.

[off-topic] has anyone noticed how some pc games seem to have their prices increased to the equivalent level of console games? 60euros for sims 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

it got so boring i turned my sim into a man-whore ladykiller :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I killed my guy with in 35 minutes of starting his life.
    And it wasn't even an intersting death.
    He just couldn't work at a job AND clean the house/eat food all in 24 hours.
    End result was starvation and death by what I suspect was SuperAIDS™ or Cholera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

i got me some lesbians \o/

but then it got boring :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

The original only caught my attention for a few weeks, yea, but ‘utter shít’ I don’t think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

After making my Sims have babies and "make whooppee" with as many other people as possible, I got bored.

By no means best game ever in any case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

But arent all games inevitably fleeting? Cant remember last time i played Warhammer 40K. HAlf-Life 2 was a play thru once kinda linear game.
    Maxis know this, which is why these expansion packs are released. Its smart.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Maxis know this, which is why these expansion packs are released. Its smart.

Why can I hear some kind of milking in the background?
    koneko wrote:
    After making my Sims have babies and "make whooppee" with as many other people as possible, I got bored.

By no means best game ever in any case.

There's no way it comes close.

Got bored after arriving in one of the bigger houses, and then trapped and killed a few sims.

monument wrote:
    Why can I hear some kind of milking in the background?

Im sorry, thats bessy. She gets a lil restless around Sim related conversations, and a bit of milking relaxes her up good.

But yes, they are, and will continue, milking the Sims 2 product. And they are successful at it, so they must know what they are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Yes, targeting their products at the only people stupid enough to buy them, like most of what EA makes actually. The sims is like madonna of the games industry, **** but still sold **** loads.

People who will buy the expansion will only do so if they like the game. I don't think the concept of buying a game because you like it merits branding these consumers stupid.

Advertisement