Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are Magnum Opus really?

Options
  • 26-01-2005 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Apparently
    Noel Dempsey, Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources today announced the appointment of Magnum Opus as programme manager and technical advisor for Phase II of the Regional Broadband Programme.

Funny I'd never heard of these guys - whose press archive stretches back to early January 2005. www.magnumopus.ie .

Sounds like a bit of a ready up - or have they been plugging away for ages?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

From a Job Advert:
    Magnum Opus is one of Ireland's fastest growing consulting organisations and has been operating in Ireland since 2001. Currently serving the public sector, enterprise and telecommunications operator markets we offer a wide range of services to our clients including project management, solutions design, procurement, market analysis and regulatory support. Over the years the company has built up a broad client portfolio. The excellent reputation which the practice has built up is emphasized by the fact that we have worked with many of our clients on an ongoing basis.

3 of the 4 staff seem to be ex-Formus and the website states they have all been working on regional broadband projects. All the staff have some kind of telecoms background.

Was there a tender process for this appointment ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

damien.m wrote:
    Was there a tender process for this appointment ?

Good question - I don't remember seeing one.

So they have been around since 2001 eh?

I'd have thought we would have come across them before in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Magnum Opus were involved with the 1st phase of the MAN project.
    Probably got the 2nd phase cos they did such a spiffing job of the 1st one.
    Latch a Government contract, employ a few heads that seem to know what they are talking about and Bobs your uncle.

Just the cynic in me :D

jbkenn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

As mentioned Magnum Opus where the DCMNR technical advisors for the 27 Phase I MAN's. They are responsible for the following;
    - The design specs for the networks
    - Procurring the materials for use in the network
    - Project managing all of the local authorities
    - Signing off on the MAN's with the LA and then handing the MAN's over to e-net
    - Monitoring of the MAN's which are completed but not yet under e-net's control
    They are a good bunch of guys with years of telecoms experience.
    Norcontel are another set of consultants used by the DCMNR. They looked after the PM tender as well as signing off on the MAN budgets and handling the grant claims.
    thegills

• Advertisement
Advertisement