Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest iPod

Options
  • 26-01-2005 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Where is the cheapest place to get an 20 Gb iPod in Ireland?

I need to have it by Feb 11th so long distance shipping is out. O2 stores are quoting EUR 339, any other good shops/sites where I can get it quick.

Please no debating iPod v iRiver v Zen, my mind is already made up. :D.

Also I am going to start looking for an LCD tv soon, around 23" - 27". Anyone any experience, tips, etc on what to look for and where to buy.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ok about the ipod apple set a fixed price of 339 for the 20gig so you'll be hard pushed finding one cheaper than that unless you have a mate in the states at the moment willing to bring you back one.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭troy

Thanks Cremo, "Price Fixing" sounds like a dodgy one by apple. What do the boys in brussels think about that! Or even our own Mary Harney, not exactly competiton is it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

troy wrote:
    Where is the cheapest place to get an 20 Gb iPod in Ireland?

I need to have it by Feb 11th so long distance shipping is out. O2 stores are quoting EUR 339, any other good shops/sites where I can get it quick.

Please no debating iPod v iRiver v Zen, my mind is already made up. :D.

Also I am going to start looking for an LCD tv soon, around 23" - 27". Anyone any experience, tips, etc on what to look for and where to buy.

Thanks.

Ok well, iPod's are quite hard to get as I realised during the weekend. It was kind of an impulsive buy. I was in Galway and saw one on display in PC World for €329, so decided to get it, however she had none and said ya wouldn't find one in IRELAND (didn't believe her myself). Went to Curry's, €329, didn't have them. Went to Argos, €329.99, didn't have them. Went to an O2 store €339, had loads in stock. For the extra tenner, I didn't care because PC World and Curry's said they didn't know when they were getting them in. They were kinda focusing on the 40 and 60 GB coloured screen one but I wasn't prepared to pay the price of a computer for one.

Anywho, go for the O2 store for €339. Ya won't get it cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

I got mine in new york for $300, which works out less than 250 euro, cos the dollars co cheap. So i got a 20gb for less than the crappy mini ipod.
    Cool huh.

Advertisement