Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2+GT4, to buy or not to buy?

Options
  • 26-01-2005 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering with ps3 coming out, is it worth buying ps2 now?

I can't decide, realistically thinking, ps3 is scheduled for 2006, it will probably be available here in 2007 until something good comes out + initial bugs in console = 2008-9, so IMHO it's not too late to buy ps2

now about GT4

it does not have online support but it's rumored that there will be a version of gt4 release later that will have online support, is it true? if it is I don't see point in buying the offline version.

I would like to hear what you guys/girls think about above 2 questions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

well i wouldnt buy GT4 to go online with it anyway!

GT4 single player is pure genius! as was the first 3 ive got my copy pre ordered but id defo buy a ps2 for it..ive also got GT4 coming for my psp then i guess i *could* play it online if i wanted to but i dnt think GT is the sort of game that "NEEDS" online to make it worth buying its just quality as it is!

and ps2's are pretty cheap now anyway so you could pick 1 up for nothing too bad..get some decent games for it to last you till PS3..as you know whats expected release dates are like :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There is a version coming out on PSP as well. Thats something to think about.

PS2 is cheap now and its worth it for FFX, ICO and Gradius V.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I bought a Ps2 just for GTA SA

So far i have the proper hard dancemat 4 dancemat games, a possesed Eyetoy and 2 games for it. A bike game that was a fiver the boy loves it.
    And Devil may cry 2 ( i swore i read that was the good one , its not)
    Street fighter 2 anni edition (the ps2 pad is just wrong)
    SNk vs capcom ( ps2 pad is wrong )
    6 months on and i have one game thats really really good.

Retor gimme lend of ico :D its unbuyable and what FFx to buy(no more than 20 blips.)

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I couldn't find any copies of ICO so had to get a lend of it off someone who knows someone. I think www.dvdboxoffice.com still have some NTSC versions in stock. Have to get myself a proper copy.

When you do get FFX and finish it you must heed my warning. It may have been one of the best games ever but under no circumstances waste your life, money and sanity on the blasphemous FFX-2.

I hate the PS2 controller for Capcom 6 button games as well but the xbox one is even worse. Thank god lik-sang have a convertor that allows me to use the uber fantastic saturn japanese controller on the xbox. Bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

1. ps2 is good for the long list of titles, and the ps3 wont be out untl 2006 anyway, so there's a big void to fill there.
    2. if you want to go online invest in x-link. gt4 will be LAN-enabled, and xlink takes advantage of this to make the game an online game....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Retr0gamer wrote:
    There is a version coming out on PSP as well. Thats something to think about.

PS2 is cheap now and its worth it for FFX, ICO and Gradius V.

Pity Ico is nearly impossible to get over here.As for FFX,it was disapointing compared to the three before it.
    now about GT4

Saw a review in Games(admittedly a tough to please magazine)and it only gave the game 8.Disapointing but i'll still be getting it,alongside Far Cry,Mercenaries and MGS 3. ;)

Advertisement