Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA buy , Take 2 buy etc:

Options
  • 26-01-2005 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

With the big publishers snapping up franchise after franchise.
    Ea got NFL and baseball and Dice (Bf makers) and bought some of Ubisoft.
    Take 2 snapping up anything that moves (civilisation, some american sport)

With this trend set to continue , How bad will this affect our future gaming.

Ea bought Dice on tues and today announced BF2 is delayed by 3 months (never a good sign, me bets to remove content that can be sold as an Exp pack ala Road to Rome).

Are we fcuked?

kdjac

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Probably just a lot more soulless games from the american publishers. However is still some great stuff coming from Europe at the moment. Its unfortunate that if they start becoming successful they will get bought out by EA or one of its clones. I'd be worried when it becomes much more difficult for a start up company to make unique games and they start todry up leaving mostly the big publishers. At least there is Capcom which seems to let its designers run riot and make whatever weird games they want and Konami which is slightly commercial but lets it's designers off the leash every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

and yet people still pirate games, makes you wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

God damn it :mad:
    I doubt it would take 3 months to remove content tho.

Very annoying, this is why I always have some sort of nintendo console. Roll on mario tennis :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

This is what happens when companies like DICE are publicly listed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

ahh more reasons for me to hate EA tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EA has the new timesplitters game as well. BF2 was delayed because EA wanted a sp mode in the game, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Retr0gamer wrote:
    EA has the new timesplitters game as well. BF2 was delayed because EA wanted a sp mode in the game, I think.

SP mode is "modern combat" console only game.

kdjac

Advertisement