Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle shop website

Options
  • 26-01-2005 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been asked to set up a cycle shop website. I run my own small web development company (BeMoore Software) - plug plug :D and have the ability to do databases etc.

I own a 12-year old President bike myself that occasionally gets a run so I know sweet f-a about what to put in it.

What would you guys be looking for in a cycling shop website?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

The question you have to ask is who is the target market for the bike shop?

Is the target market a) the non-enthusiast e.g. someone who just uses bikes
    for getting from A to B

b) the cycling enthusiast, somebody who wants specific and often technical
    information about parts, accessories etc.

Depending on the target market - the website will be different. The non-enthusiast will want an accessible easy to navigate, no nonsense website whereas the enthusiast will love to have info on prices,brands,specs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Enduro

if you're targetting the enthusiast you'll have to beat www.chainreactioncycles.com for price and service, otherwise you'll just be wasting your time.

Advertisement