Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager Network Games

• 26-01-2005 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and a few friends are all massively into Champ and Football Manager and intend on setting up a network game, because its an aspect of the game we've never really tried. There'll be about 6 of us, hopefully playing for a couple of hours every Thursday/Friday night.

What I want to know is:

1/ Is this viable?
    2/ Which is better for online gaming - CM or FM?
    3/ Any other tips/advice you would offer?

All responses greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

You'd be better off waiting for the new patch before playing FM online as it is really slow otherwise. You'll all have to have broadband if its FM. A couple of hours every Thursday + Friday would mean a few months to finish a season from my experience playing FM online anyway. Everyone will have to close all applications other than FM and your chat client otherwise it would really slow the game down.

In preferences disable player pics, background pics, sounds and any other things not necessary. Give people about 15-30 minutes before each session for T&T (transfers and tactics) otherwise they'll be doing it while others want to continue and it becomes frustrating. Put a 5 second timeout on. Can't think of anything else but any questions welcome. I've been playing CM01/02 and FM05 online for years. If you don't mind not having an up to date game I'd definitely recommend 01/02, that way 56ker's can play without slowing the game down too much.

Everyone must have the same patch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Cheers for that! Does everyone have to have the same database and how do the DDT files work? Appreciate your help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Afaik the database only matters to the player hosting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Yeah, what Drake said. If the host has Roy Keane with all 20's in attributes then he'll be like that in the network game too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Class, I'll try and restrain myself from doing that to Keano and hopefully it'll be a laugh. Cheers for d help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement