Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mocks Start Now!

• 26-01-2005 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

My mocks are startin jan 27th and i haven't studied a tap, ill prob do a good bit leadin up to the jc. ****tin myself, science is my first test, doin pass science and maths but hons. everythin else. So il no wats on d tests if any of ya wana no i can tell ya later

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Actually, apparently the mock papers are made out by various different companies, so not all schools are going to have the same papers.
    Mine are starting next monday, but the first exam is for some reason on wednesday. English first, like the JC. Not too bad, I like paper one of the english anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭kirving

I havent studied 1 bit either...Mocks start on Monday 4 me with english. Im ****tin myself about Irish, im doin honours i havent got a clue! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

Mine start Monday...
    Frech first, then Maths and History on Tuesday... sux
    haven't done feck all study (*tiny* bit of history, only)
    I couldn't give a crap bout the mochs tho...
    Doing all honours, the worst that could happen is they put me down to pass... which won't happen...
    My worst subject is Irish too. My teacher is a loada crap and he's apparently expecting a few A's and B's in the class... He'll not be getting one from me :rolleyes:
    Had the Irish listening exam yesterday, I probably scraped a C, if I'm lucky.
    The rest of the exams *can't* be *too* hard tho. I'm not gonna worry bout 'em

I think Irish paper one is evil. One and a half hours to write a scéal (or whatever you do, but my class have only done stories) a comhrá AND do a léamhthuiscint is way not long enough.
    Although I may end up finishing way too early because I write like the bejaysus when doing exams...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

did papear a haon 2day, leimhtuiscint is **** hard, bout the water that we drink, copied answers straight from the text!! English Paper 1 is A sham, media studies could be done by a 6 year old, Essay Titles are Piss, I did the one titled: Ireland is the greatest country in which to live in . . . its a speech, U get a comprehension thats piss, bout some teacher, then there's a letter to write

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

damnit, now I'm scared...
    what were the rest of the essay titles in English?
    whats the letter about?
    whats the Irish essays?

I know theres only a small chance that you've got the same papers that I'm getting, but still...

:mad: ^^^ thats my post..
    forgot to logout (brother was logged in)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I'd *hate* to be doin religion heh...
    I wanna keep doing all honours but after I fail Irish in the pre's (along with the rest of the class :p) I dunno.. They'll try and get me down to pass but I'm going nowhere..
    Not goin down to pass cause a some retarded teacher...
    Just gonna have to study like **** for the actual JC - myself, at home

Ive got a full day of Business tomorrow, Tom Tittin myself as well

• Advertisement

I've got French tomorrow ...
    Opened my papers about 45 mins ago, then started listening to music, and now heer I am :eek:

Might just be me, but French is pretty easy. I mean, it's on a completely different level with say, Irish. All you gotta do is reading comprehensions, which you can guess half the time, and then write 2 thingies.

I feel I should be doing something for my irish tape test tomorrow, but eh. I watched TnaG for about 5 minutes, that should be enough... And also there don't appear to be any streaming online irish radio stations... pheh.

lol..
    I did my Irish tapework exam last Wednesday... I think I failed it but I wasn't really paying too much attention...
    I'm so **** at Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

Best of luck with your mocks.
    Remember, most people who fail or do badly do so because they either do not answer the question asked, or answer the wrong combination of parts, or leave out a part entirely.
    Take your time and make sure you are calm when marking off what questions you need to do.

thanks...
    I had French today, done no study for it at all...
    Didn't go as bad as I was expecting.
    Maths (Paper 1) and History tomorrow ... Once they're finished it should be handy enough :rolleyes:

dunno,had maths I today, we havent done graphs yet so ive immediately lost out there, did history today, its a bollox

I know they're probably different but whats on the History? Am I alowed put the whole maths and Irish on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

ahaha, I had maths and CSPE today, what a doss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

It wouldn't really help anyone in the long run if you posted the papers - what would be the point?
    Say someone sees your papers, cheats and goes in and does really 'well' in the mocks, and as a result takes a higher paper than they really should in June and fails, would it be worth it?

• Advertisement

good point, and if the papers are different you'll fcuk them up, some idiots would probably post the wrong questions.

Yeah, u have a point, but learn to write an essay(irish) and an interview with some1(not a sports player)

It wouldnt have to be an interview, just a conversation. I'm great at Irish cos I went to an Irish primary school. handy.

I ****ing HATE Irish ...
    I had History + Maths Paper 1 today...
    So handy its scary...
    And I done no study before Sunday
    All HL btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ok, before I go doin something im not supposed to, Am I aloud put my papers on here? or is that illegal or something?
    It would be a breach of copyright that I won't tolerate.

But sure, are all the papers the same? Because that would be stupid...

i had history and maths1 yesterday, have none today but have german and english2 tomorrow

Rozabeez wrote:
    But sure, are all the papers the same? Because that would be stupid...
    According to one of my teachers, the mocks papers are made by a couple of different countries, so I'm assuming only the mocks that are happening at exactly the same time would have the same papers, if you get me.

Myself, had English 1 and Maths 1 today. Finished 45 minutes early for English and 75 minutes early for Maths. Oh how I love sitting in a room doing nothing for hours.

• Advertisement

I found paper one quite easy. The question that usually gets me (4 part c, the quadratic problem) was fine. There were only a couple things I couldn't do.
    Isn't paper 2 normally harder than paper 1? I've always reckoned so, for most exams.

According to one of my teachers, the mocks papers are made by a couple of different countries
    umm... companies

I got that "Ireland is the best contry to live in" debate in my English Paper 1 exam today ... and someone posted it up not so long ago ... pity I didn't learn anything for it (I did a different essay in the exam)

I doubt there'd be so much research, making sure each paper by each company is on @ the same time ...
    I'd guess the same teachers just pick the same companies themselves all the time... rather than checking 'em all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hey, can we watch the potty mouths please?

censored.jpg
    Finished ..... 75 minutes early for Maths.
    Oh, the irony between these comments. If you have time left over, read and re-read the paper and your answers. Even if it mean you only correct a few spelling errors and correct some arithmetic, it's a few extra marks that puts you ahead of everyone else.

declan_lgs wrote:
    umm... companies
    Oh yes. I should probably not try and study and be online at the same time.

And yeah, teachers have been telling me that constantly, Victor, but I was quite literally dying from a headache at the point and could barely concentrate on holding a pen. And I have a violent passion against reading things once they're written...

Victor wrote:
    If you have time left over, read and re-read the paper and your answers. Even if it mean you only correct a few spelling errors and correct some arithmetic, it's a few extra marks that puts you ahead of everyone else.
    I been finished early by over half an hour every exam, never checked my work... I be too tired. I usually just draw all over the exam paper, let the examiner see how great I am at art :p
    In the real JC I'll check my work at least once, and then leave.
    Mochs don't matter

• Advertisement

we're not allowed leave early, partly for insurance reasons and partly cos if 1 person left early, they think the rest of us will rush throught the exam to go too.

Yesterday they let us leave 5 minutes early for maths. They let the foundation people out half an hour before everyone else, though... I think their paper is only one and a half hours though. Still. After me sitting there for over and hour I quite wanted to leave...

I think if people are allowed leave there will be mass evacuation, and knowing my year, the 6th years would be majorly disrupted. And of course then you've got the "oh if I get done really fast I can leave" and people writing like... 2 pages. I mean, I had english paper 2 today and I was pretty sure I'd have loads of time at the end, so I just wrotes LOADS of stuff. Which, with any luck will get me more marks... hopefully. See, at least writing stuff is something to do...

I had irish paper 2, and even after 8 years of irish primary schooling, i wanted to cry.

I'm so gonna love Monday, then. (irish paper2 and history)

• Advertisement

Arrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!! English paper2's a bollox, who the hell reads kekel and hyde?
    German was even worse

I'm dreading french and english tbh.

ive a hole day of art 2moz, boooooooring

fun fun, my art is next week, I'm not even sure what level I'm doing!

I actually quite liked the fiction on english paper 2... the questions were easy enough anyway.

I think my art exam is sometime after the midterm... actually, we did lifedrawing for the FIRST TIME a while ago, and after we were finished (might I note my model changed PERSON half way through) he told us it may have been our mock exam.

I've Irish 1 and Maths 2 tomorrow. Fun... well, no Irish... at all... ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Same story ,except I started Irish in senior infants .Its not me , its our education system :o .

I know sooooooooooo much more French than Irish....
    I don't think my Irish has improved at all since primary school, but forget that, cause that kinda contradicts my next statement.
    Wouldn't it be better for the younger students (too late for us :() to start learning Irish in secondary school? So long as they had competent teachers...
    and maybe have an elite Irish class in (some) secondary schools for those that went to Irish primary schools...

Great, the alarm on my phone went off halfway through my history exam, stupid phone, it was turned off. Some actually thought it was the radio playing guns n roses songs.

Woot. Irish 1 and Maths 2 were actually so easy. I was dreading today, 'cause I didn't study at all yesterday, but it was so easy.
    I got my Irish done in 50 minutes, spent the next 40 or so just sitting there. The léamthuiscint was a bit evil, but they always are, I think.
    Maths 2 was surprisingly straightforward. Almost had a heartattack 'cause I thought they weren't giving out log tables but all was well. Finished way early as well, even though I spent ages working on this one geometry question that turned out to be flawed. Damn that, I got 2 answers for every question in that section 'cause of the stupid flaw...

• Advertisement
Advertisement