Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks Start Now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

According to one of my teachers, the mocks papers are made by a couple of different countries
    umm... companies

I got that "Ireland is the best contry to live in" debate in my English Paper 1 exam today ... and someone posted it up not so long ago ... pity I didn't learn anything for it (I did a different essay in the exam)

I doubt there'd be so much research, making sure each paper by each company is on @ the same time ...
    I'd guess the same teachers just pick the same companies themselves all the time... rather than checking 'em all

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hey, can we watch the potty mouths please?

censored.jpg
    Finished ..... 75 minutes early for Maths.
    This post has been deleted.
    Oh, the irony between these comments. If you have time left over, read and re-read the paper and your answers. Even if it mean you only correct a few spelling errors and correct some arithmetic, it's a few extra marks that puts you ahead of everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

declan_lgs wrote:
    umm... companies
    Oh yes. I should probably not try and study and be online at the same time.

And yeah, teachers have been telling me that constantly, Victor, but I was quite literally dying from a headache at the point and could barely concentrate on holding a pen. And I have a violent passion against reading things once they're written...

Victor wrote:
    If you have time left over, read and re-read the paper and your answers. Even if it mean you only correct a few spelling errors and correct some arithmetic, it's a few extra marks that puts you ahead of everyone else.
    I been finished early by over half an hour every exam, never checked my work... I be too tired. I usually just draw all over the exam paper, let the examiner see how great I am at art :p
    In the real JC I'll check my work at least once, and then leave.
    Mochs don't matter

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

we're not allowed leave early, partly for insurance reasons and partly cos if 1 person left early, they think the rest of us will rush throught the exam to go too.

Yesterday they let us leave 5 minutes early for maths. They let the foundation people out half an hour before everyone else, though... I think their paper is only one and a half hours though. Still. After me sitting there for over and hour I quite wanted to leave...

I think if people are allowed leave there will be mass evacuation, and knowing my year, the 6th years would be majorly disrupted. And of course then you've got the "oh if I get done really fast I can leave" and people writing like... 2 pages. I mean, I had english paper 2 today and I was pretty sure I'd have loads of time at the end, so I just wrotes LOADS of stuff. Which, with any luck will get me more marks... hopefully. See, at least writing stuff is something to do...

I had irish paper 2, and even after 8 years of irish primary schooling, i wanted to cry.

I'm so gonna love Monday, then. (irish paper2 and history)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

Arrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!! English paper2's a bollox, who the hell reads kekel and hyde?
    German was even worse

I'm dreading french and english tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

ive a hole day of art 2moz, boooooooring

fun fun, my art is next week, I'm not even sure what level I'm doing!

I actually quite liked the fiction on english paper 2... the questions were easy enough anyway.

I think my art exam is sometime after the midterm... actually, we did lifedrawing for the FIRST TIME a while ago, and after we were finished (might I note my model changed PERSON half way through) he told us it may have been our mock exam.

I've Irish 1 and Maths 2 tomorrow. Fun... well, no Irish... at all... ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Same story ,except I started Irish in senior infants .Its not me , its our education system :o .

I know sooooooooooo much more French than Irish....
    I don't think my Irish has improved at all since primary school, but forget that, cause that kinda contradicts my next statement.
    Wouldn't it be better for the younger students (too late for us :() to start learning Irish in secondary school? So long as they had competent teachers...
    and maybe have an elite Irish class in (some) secondary schools for those that went to Irish primary schools...

Great, the alarm on my phone went off halfway through my history exam, stupid phone, it was turned off. Some actually thought it was the radio playing guns n roses songs.

Woot. Irish 1 and Maths 2 were actually so easy. I was dreading today, 'cause I didn't study at all yesterday, but it was so easy.
    I got my Irish done in 50 minutes, spent the next 40 or so just sitting there. The léamthuiscint was a bit evil, but they always are, I think.
    Maths 2 was surprisingly straightforward. Almost had a heartattack 'cause I thought they weren't giving out log tables but all was well. Finished way early as well, even though I spent ages working on this one geometry question that turned out to be flawed. Damn that, I got 2 answers for every question in that section 'cause of the stupid flaw...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Good luck everyone....

I ran out of time in about 5 exams in my mocks last year...that's what they're there for I suppose...Didn't even get to do question 6 in HL History..worth the most marks. And english paper 2....didn't get to do the studied fiction question either..

Fine in the JC though...and got my history grade from a D to an A....^___^

my irish 1 was easy too, irish 2 was pretty hard.

Dayamn. I can't remember ANYTHING about the story we studied...
    And is it just me or is there way too much stuff on Irish paper 2 to do in 2 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

What was your story? Mine was Dunmharu ar an dart...most people's is Aililiu Bop Suadi though..

Yes, there is too much to do...

i had 15 mins to spare, we did "Aililú Bop Siúidí", pretty easy book.

Yeah, I did Aililiú Bop Siúádí, and it is the most annoying thing to spell EVER.
    Also did Mise Mé Féin. May do that for the simple mercy that it's easier to spell.

oooh, I have geography this week, strange thing is that I've been totally calm for all of my exams, and I panic for summer/xmas exams.

I panic for about a minute or 3 before the exam starts. Any longer than that, and it's not a worthwhile exercise.
    And annoyingly enough there were loads of first years messing in the hall before my Irish exam started and I really wanted to just go and bludgeon their heads in with my notebook...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

heh our mocks are after half term 23 of feburary :D

Advertisement