Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ending IOLBB Free Trial / NTL D4

• 26-01-2005 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

What's the procedure with finishing up with IOLBB's free trial. Do they let you know when you have to send the modem back etc. or is it up to you to work out when this is necessary?

Are there any folks in the Ballsbridge/Sandymount area who have received flyers from NTL offering broadband? There's an ad up in the DART station in Sandymount now, but when I rang they said it was available in some parts of D4, but not my area just yet. Curious as to how close they are.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

No idea on IOLBB but FYI: am near Grand Canal Dock / Slatterys Pub (D4) and have NTL BB, has been here for the last 3 months but I only got it a couple of days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You should ring EsatBT and ask for the date your trial ends on. You need to cancel in writing though, and you may even need to give 28 days notice on that, can't remember. If you don't cancel, in writing, in time you're automatically signed up for a 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

It may actually be in your area. I once rang them up to get it but i was told i couldn't get it even thougth my friend ACROSS THE ROAD had it. I eventually got it but you should check to see if its in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

You can cancel by email, which is handier...

the address is customer.care@esatbt.com

LK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

But they've lost/ognored plenty of e-mails from me in the past.

Send it in the post and get it sent by registered post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

penexpers wrote:
    But they've lost/ognored plenty of e-mails from me in the past.

Send it in the post and get it sent by registered post.

I was stuck for time. Anyway they acknowledged the cancellation by replying back by email, with the modem return instructions. If anyone else decides to do it by email, make sure you keep a copy of the sent mail, and have your name, telephone no. and account number in the mail.

LK

Advertisement