Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How about a comedy forum?

Options
  • 26-01-2005 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

I'd just like to suggest the addition of a comedy forum to the site? Irish comedy is big business now with the like of Vicar St and other venues regularly selling out for Irish comedians. Could we have a board where people can discuss Irish comedy, announce upcoming events and talk about which comic they saw in the International Bar last night?

Just a thought!

wb
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I'd certainly give my support to a comedy forum, not just Irish comedy but comedy in general. The humour board is all well and good, but I'd love to find out more about gigs in Dublin as well as have a deep and meaningful discussion on the greatness of Bill Hicks
    (I think he's really great.
    Agreed.
    *shakes hands*
    /end)

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Couldn't you just post those type of threads in the humour forum as it stands? Surely threads don't have to be jokes only? Cant you discuss humour related issues also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

I think they are different enough topics to deserve another board. There is quite a difference between people posting email jokes and discussing if Dave ODoherty's latest set has too few bicycles in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I think you should be allowed post about all things humourous on the humour board not just jokes. Why waste time creating a new forum when ya could just fuse the topics together.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

A comedy forum....you have to be joking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

As a long-time fan of stand-up I'd definitely be in favour of this. Don't know why I never suggested it myself tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Fantastic idea, I would love to read about up and coming stand up acts from around the country and afar. As mentioned above, it would not fit under the humour board as it seems to mostly contain forwarded emails and stuff.

Although commenting on the greatness of Bill Hicks, I dont think so. Could never get his style of humour, save the discussion for the new forum though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Fantastic idea, I would love to read about up and coming stand up acts from around the country and afar. As mentioned above, it would not fit under the humour board as it seems to mostly contain forwarded emails and stuff.

Although commenting on the greatness of Bill Hicks, I dont think so. Could never get his style of humour, save the discussion for the new forum though ;)

I whole heartedly endorse this idea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

great idea...i never know where to go for a good evening of comedy. i always hear about them after everyone has had a great time at them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

definitly! for example I had a great night at the Dublin Comedy Improv in the International Bar last night! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement