Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.us or Boards.ie?

• 26-01-2005 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Anyone else discover they're using www.boards.us more and more because it's so small and new?
    I have found it more of a refugee camp for boards.ie as I have yet to find one American User.

But maybe you prefer teh business and extensiveness of Boards.ie?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I don't use it..... so no.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Lump wrote:

Same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

i prefer .ie. but if i had to use a differnet board i'd use . jp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Boards.ie is far superior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Do you even need to ask
    When IE went down today we had a conversation aboutbeans and wagons???
    Well funny though. Handy spot to meet up if IE is down. Hope we could do the same for Jp of Us if it happens them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Silly yanks. Why bother, they don't understand either sarcasm or irony? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

It's much easier to navigate the .ie site.. like the New Posts tab etc. Though I suppose it is kind of different with so few people on the site.. maybe not different good though! Give it a chance and I'm sure it'll take off.. and the initial bombardment of .ie users won't be so apparent!!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Posted a few times on .jp - didn't like the layout and feel of .us. Having said that, I did have a lot of problems navigating on .jp, every time I went into another screen it asked me to log in again. Anyone else have that, and how do you stop it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭40crush41

Evilution wrote:
    Silly yanks. Why bother, they don't understand either sarcasm or irony? :D
    situational irony if ive ever seen any -for little do u know, irony and sarcasm are my favorite types of humor. :P :)

yea, ie is far superior -us doesn't have any variety
    ~Beth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I think that .ie, .us an .jp are totally different experiences even though .us in particular has been populated by a lot of .ie people in the past while. I like all of them. .ie is like home, .us is new and developing and .jp is a totally different experience. I feel that it is a shame that it had to take .ie to be offline for a while for me to find them but am still glad that I have found them.

• Advertisement

40crush41 wrote:
    situational irony if ive ever seen any -for little do u know, irony and sarcasm are my favorite types of humor. :P :)
    Ditto here. When I was over in the states last summer a lot of my sarky or ironic jokes fell completely flat when I told them. It was amazing and it pi$$ed me off no end. I felt like a superhero whose powers had been taken off him. America was like kryptonite to my sarcastic powers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

small and new and people might actually like you there omnicorp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Did you stop to think that maybe its because your just not funny?

I find a lot of people use bad sarcasm to mask the fact that they just aren't funny.

And no, i'm not american.

Did you stop to think that maybe its because your just not funny?
    Nope. It works over here and it doesn't work over there.
    I find a lot of people use bad sarcasm to mask the fact that they just aren't funny.
    If you watch 'Have I Got News for You' you'll see people making a career out of it.
    And no, i'm not american.
    Good stuff. Keep it up.

Evilution -its a damn shame that some of them fine jokes went to waste *shakes head* is it possible that they were the non-laugher types? i know too many people like that, they kinda just smile at u. maybe u'll get a 'thats funny' out of them. idk, im just talking out of my arse.

-another question for u, i do believe ive seen u mention dmb before. and anything remotely related to this band i tend to recall b/c im freakishly odd like that. so am i right? am i wrong? 'ur hair looks a little funky, how bout u move along' (yea, thats dm) if ya do -i got a little thread with dmb dls im starting up. figured u might be interested. got some excellent stuff i'll put up soon (listening to a mix of jimi thing scats now.. im in heaven) watch it turns out u hate the dmb or something.. now that would be some killer irony.

anyway -whoever informed me of these other boards should pay dearly. i now have 2 other ways to kill time, and its terrible. i have a freaking term paper to write, stink.

mmmmhmm ~Beth

40crush41 wrote:
    Evilution -its a damn shame that some of them fine jokes went to waste *shakes head* is it possible that they were the non-laugher types? i know too many people like that, they kinda just smile at u. maybe u'll get a 'thats funny' out of them.

No way, didn't even get a friggin' smile on most occassions. The only indicator for the americans that what I said was funny was when my mate would laugh or some other european lads who were with us (from poland, bulgaria etc.) would laugh. Thats right - people who's first language wasn't english would laugh but the yanks wouldn't!!!!! Talk about lost in translation....kind of.
    40crush41 wrote:
    another question for u, i do believe ive seen u mention dmb before. and anything remotely related to this band i tend to recall b/c im freakishly odd like that. so am i right? am i wrong? 'ur hair looks a little funky, how bout u move along' (yea, thats dm) if ya do -i got a little thread with dmb dls im starting up. figured u might be interested. got some excellent stuff i'll put up soon (listening to a mix of jimi thing scats now.. im in heaven) watch it turns out u hate the dmb or something.. now that would be some killer irony.

Beth, seriously, I didn't understand a single thing of the above :confused: As the virgin mary once said - come again?
    40crush41 wrote:
    i have a freaking term paper to write, stink.
    To paraphrase Jim Carey from the Cable Guy - she who procrastinates, masturbates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Lump wrote:

John

Quick and to the point... I like it Lump...

But yes I do use boards.us when .ie goes down and I hope to see this venture of Clouds take off and become as succesful as this place...

Btw I don't really see why people are moaning about it being quiet... there were 250 odd peopel online at once on Monday... that's pretty good when you're comparing a site 2 months old to one 7 years + the time before boards.ie

haha, im sorry -the dave matthews band.

well, u know -irish accents are a pain to understand for us silly yanks. all i hear is "aidiaaydyayyddiadayda aye aye" still, reeeeal nice to listen to.

40crush41 wrote:
    well, u know -irish accents are a pain to understand for us silly yanks.
    And vice versa :D
    I'll try to speak some american for you, phonetically.
    "Saw-re iv dittent katch yu dere, hunney"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

lets call a spade a spade, boards.us is a pile of ****e.

• Advertisement

ferdi wrote:
    lets call a spade a spade, boards.us is a pile of ****e.
    Harumph harumph :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

boards.us is a new community - it is interesting to see the way the interactions between the posters are developing...don't knock it until you have tried it fully. I love boards.ie but I have a great deal of affection for boards.us

Evilution wrote:

hah, i know someone who says sorry just like that
    SAW-re.. god its annoying, and shes just a very annoying person in general

i think im more of a 'saR ry' lots better, i know.

and good with the rest, besides the didn't.. no t's
    im having real big issues trying to write out didn't, man thats embarrassing,
    lets see if i can explain.. take 'mountain' i say 'moun-in' kinda have a breath in the middle or something. a bit odd eh? freaked me out when someone pointed it out to me.. i was like, "hell no, i don't have an accent" they're like.. "say mountain mauahauha" and bam. there it was.

how did i get here?... what am i talking about? .. excuse the odd tangent and carry on about boards.us -where theres another thread like this that has taken up my time as well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

I find Boards.us quite useful, something to do with being banned from certain things on .ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LOL and theres the real reason for your love of boards.us :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

40crush41 wrote:
    aidiaaydyayyddiadayda aye aye

Which part of East Tyrone were you in?

40crush41 wrote:
    SAW-re.. god its annoying, and shes just a very annoying person in general
    Man, that whole "saw-re" thing would rightly get on my gee-leads if I had to listen to it every day. As much as I hate to say it, that sort of deep south accent gets right up my japs eye.
    That said, there are a few counties in ireland where the accent just makes me cry listening to it. Carlow, Mayo and South Tipperary would be the worst. Hah, this coming from a meathman, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

gandalf wrote:
    LOL and theres the real reason for your love of boards.us :rolleyes:
    no... well, maybe that has a Little to do with it yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Evilution wrote:

The "Saw-re bit is definately familiar, but whats with the "iv"? It brought a modern, blonde American Dracula to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

omnicorp wrote:
    no... well, maybe that has a Little to do with it yes

Yeah I enjoy boards.ie cause your naive dull and retarded POV is banned with just cause, And BTW Omnicorp I'm someone who's more left wing than you and spent time working with Senior SWP members, and your contemptable ignorant and childlike POV offers nothing to boards.ie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I enjoy it- certainly its a fledgling creation, but it is taking shape- if they ever manage to recover from the influx of Irish refugees! DR and some of the other characters posts are very interesting to look at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Shrimp wrote:
    Boards.ie is far superior

yeah i didnt see chick's name on the member list of boards.us either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

yeah i didnt see chick's name on the member list of boards.us either.

times like this i could *almost* miss positive rep!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

Pfft, everyone seems to be forgetting Usboards It pwns boards.us & boards.jp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Boards.ie rules, and for all the time I was without last week and the week previous I had nothing read in class in college.

• Advertisement
Advertisement