Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Games

• 26-01-2005 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Any of ye play any online soccer management games.

I play Hattrick.

Its good.

Any others out there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Yeah i play. What division you in? I just got promoted to 4th. Delighted. It took me a while to get into. Real addictive though. Great banter on forums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Yeah I play too, just got promoted to the fourth division myself. Onwards and upwards. Great game, some craic with Irish boys on the forum too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I decided to register on Hatrick.org. What happens now? Is it anything like CM/FM?

when u get your team, send me a message in hattrick. c-max. i'll give u a quick rundown.

I was picking my team and had all players in their positions, I then pressed penatly taker and went back to see the positions had reset. It took me a while to do it again, I then chose a new tactic and they got reset again :mad: I was going to give up but I've just done it for the 3rd time (probably a completely different team to what I had out first) and now the site seems to be down. I have to leave the window up until it comes back. I've taken a screenshot of the team incase.

A few questions. Can I put anyone as a sub keeper as other than the first choice the rest are crap at goalkeeping?

How come I'm not in a league, just the cup?

When I press "send orders" can I change it before the match starts?

What is the best tactic (counter attacking, etc.) and player instructions (normal, attacking, etc)?

Ah, the sites back up... I sent my team in and get a session timeout. Have to do it again. :mad: :mad:

Does it matter if you put a player on the right or left? There's no preferred foot.

Oh, I can change the orders after they're submitted.

• Advertisement

1. Your in a league. You can view it by clicking your name on left menu. The fixtures aren't made until this Sunday for the new season.

2. You can play anyone anywhere, but the best with goalkeeping obviously makes sense. (You can always buy a new keeper to replace your not so good one on transfer market. You can also promote keepers from your youth team. You click your team name and then click TEST YOUTH PLAYER.I'd advise you invest the maximum amount in your youth team because it increases chances of getting decent pulls)

3. Yes. You can change orders up to 15 minutes before matches.

4. There is no general best tactic. It depends on your team and the opposition team. If opposition's midfield is stronger than yours, then maybe counter-attack. Sometimes if you get an opponent who is a lot stronger than you, you can use the pressing tactic. This cuts down on goals they score and you can also sometimes fluke a win. Plenty about tactics in game rules. The rules are huge. It will take hours to read them all but there is lots and lots of valuable information there.

Join the conferences. Find the Irish conference. I'm relatively new myself. The lads there will help you out with anything.

Sent you a ht mail there Eirebhoy, when you log in, it should have a red number beside Mailbox at the bottom of your menu. Click Mailbox and youll get the mail.

Cheers for the replies.
    joe. wrote:
    1. Your in a league. You can view it by clicking your name on left menu. The fixtures aren't made until this Sunday for the new season.
    I can view the league (Series: IV.12) but I'm not in it.

Also, why are these listed as my played matches when I'm not called Galway Rangers:
    Played Matches
    02/01/2005 (League): Galway Rangers - Mossys models 0 - 5
    09/01/2005 (League): moville celtic - Galway Rangers 5 - 0
    16/01/2005 (League): Galway Rangers - Pepps United 0 - 5
    23/01/2005 (Qualification): Galway Rangers - ReserveTeamDogs 0 - 5

Upcoming Matches
    02/02/2005 (Cup):
    The Lonely Boys - Irish Dominance
    Orders [An order has been submitted]

Because the team had an owner and that is the name they picked for the team. The teams get recycled. So say I left the game, another user in the future would get it. They would just rename it.

Give it until tomorrow before everything is updated. Your league will be correct and you will see your fixtures.

• Advertisement

Yep, as joe said, tomorrow is the big update day of leagues and fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

well how are ye doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

ooh, other hattrickers!

Like many of ye seem to have been, i reecently got up to IV for the 3rd time (started in IV, religated, promoted, religated, promoted)

ATM concentrating on the cup, round 4 is my aim.

BreaffyUTD

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

just gone up to III myself.
    In a bloody hard series.

BreaffyUTD, just had a look at your team. You should head onto the conference's in there, you'll get a lot of info.

Your stadium is a bit small, and its now costs twice as much to expand as it did a couple of weeks ago.

And you need a new coach.
    It'll take about 12 weeks for a 17 year old playmaker to pop a level with your lad :(
    And training players is the best way to make money.

stevemac wrote:
    just gone up to III myself.
    In a bloody hard series.

BreaffyUTD, just had a look at your team. You should head onto the conference's in there, you'll get a lot of info.

Your stadium is a bit small, and its now costs twice as much to expand as it did a couple of weeks ago.

And you need a new coach.
    It'll take about 12 weeks for a 17 year old playmaker to pop a level with your lad :(
    And training players is the best way to make money.

Yup. I'm waiting, in a fiew weeks will have some experienced players long enough, and a pop to solid exp.
    I expanded twice ages ago, was a n00b ya know :o

got into round 3 of cup for first time. Up against div II side so don't stand chance. I'l take my beating and the few pound I get with it.

PIC and stick out yer reserves and anyone needing experience if yer going down anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

My keeper saved 3 penalties to get me into the third round for the second season in a row. Got hammered thee before but this time im playing a league III team. Might sneak it :)

Should I be playing my first team in friendlies?

No eirebhoy. You should have your trainees out for the friendlies. Not sure what you are training.

if defenders you should have 10 defenders in your squad. your first 5 and the 5 trainees. the 3 centre backs get 100% training and 2 wingbacks get 50%.

if playmakers you should have 10 playmakers in your squad. your 3 inner mids get 100% and 2 wingers get 50%.

if scorers then you should have 6 people for this position. 3 get 100% per game.

there is plenty more training options but mostly stay away from these. maybe train stamina in off season.

training is how you make your money. buy them cheap. train them up and sell them on.

p.s. the younger they are the faster they train. for every year older than 17 it takes 1 week longer to pop a level.

• Advertisement

I am completely confused mate. I am training playmaking.

Firstly, How do I, and the game, know if a player is a defender/playmaker? :confused: I assume its those with higher playmaking then any other attribute. Iff so, I have someone with passable defending and inadaquate playmaking. What if I wanted to make him better at playmaking.

Totally and utterly confused. :)

this is link i sent to you in conferences

Read it. Also ask more in conferences. You'l get more educated and more easily understood answers in there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Boro wrote:
    My keeper saved 3 penalties to get me into the third round for the second season in a row. Got hammered thee before but this time im playing a league III team. Might sneak it :)
    Oh well, maybe next season. Got tonked 6-1. Time to concentrate on the league :D

Got my first decent youth pull today also. Unfortunately not good enough to submit for the u21's but its a good sign at least.

I had a solid 17 yo defender, 2 passable and 2 inadequate secondaries, he got injured, now 18 has had wretched form for a while and is playing now in Sri Lanka or somewhere :eek:

Think he's in the database......

Advertisement