Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yadda Yadda (Yet another dire digiweb ache)

• 26-01-2005 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Well folks, I am sad. Started out with high hopes for Digiweb last April. I posted a thread entitled "Diary of a new broadband user" as at the time many people were considering Digiweb but no one hard ordered so I guess I was a guinea pig in a way.

My report at the time was all good. Product delivered on time, easy setup, super downloads and pings...

Had a problem in November which took a bit longer than I would have liked to get resolved but just the last 3 to 4 weeks have been desperate.

My pings and download speeds are out of whack. On the digiweb speed test tonight I'm getting LESS than a 56k modem which is bad. It's only the last week and a half that I decided to contact digiweb as it was "bearable" up to that point.

Cut a long story short I got home early yesterday evening to call support and got through but basically I don't hold out much hope of getting this issue resolved as the support person said it could be a line problem. He mentioned something about a DSL upgrade scheduled at 10am tomorrow and if I don't see an improvement after this to contact them again.

I just wanted to post here to see if anyone else is experiencing such bad download speeds. If so, post away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Axl

C:\Documents and Settings\user>ping www.jolt.co.uk

Pinging clarity.jolt.co.uk [195.149.21.11] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=66ms TTL=57
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=65ms TTL=57

Ping statistics for 195.149.21.11:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 65ms, Maximum = 66ms, Average = 65ms

Mine seems to be sorted - anyone else comfirm?

With my previous dealings with €ircon, I could probably point the finger at them if there were any delays etc with the upgrade.
    My 2 cents ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Anybody else having problems with digiweb today ? For some reason I can't get access to some websites, and msn won't logon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

xithus neglected to mention that we get 200-260 pings on any game server
    webpages are slow to repsond, at times when we ping a website we get great responses, then a few minutes later (and for hours after) the ping is terrible and we get horrible packet loss. this has been going on since the start of december/mid november.

we have been on the phone to them a good few times and sent ping reports and weve had no joy from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Just home and checked out speeds... All is sorted I'm glad to say, in fact it's actually faster now than it was in April when I got it installed first. Boards.ie ping 24ms, jolt.co.uk 35ms. Giganews speed test 433 kbps.

Whatever this upgrade was it's done the trick!

Xithus wrote:
    Anybody else having problems with digiweb today ? For some reason I can't get access to some websites, and msn won't logon.

I had the same problem, phoned into the good people at support. Waited a bit - then they came back and told me to try Dr TCP. I ran this and changed my MTU size down to 1400 - problem gone. Not sure of the technical explanation - but something to do packet sizes or something.
    What size package are you on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Axl wrote:
    I had the same problem, phoned into the good people at support. Waited a bit - then they came back and told me to try Dr TCP. I ran this and changed my MTU size down to 1400 - problem gone. Not sure of the technical explanation - but something to do packet sizes or something.
    What size package are you on?

Genius, that worked a treat. My flatmate spent 3 hours on the phone with them yesterday. Shame they didn't tell all there staff that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Rez-N-8

I have had an awful time with digiweb. In the last 4 months i am getting 64k download speeds instead of what i am paying for which is 512k, there support is useless i have rang them at least 20 times in the last few weeks and nothing has got better. I lost it with them today and said unless the sort it out and i get the service i am paying for the will not be getting anymore money out of me. When i put this 2 them they basically said **** off we don't care. I have had the service for over a year now and to be honest it was ok not great but ok. I would not recommend anyone to go near them with a 10foot poll.

Regards

verypissoff.

Rez-N-8,

What service do you have with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Rez-N-8

2 way sat broadband 512k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Rez-N-8 wrote:
    2 way sat broadband 512k
    I think the other people on this thread are referring to Digiweb DSL. Digiweb also do wireless internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

there is already a big thread about this here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=186361&page=1&pp=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

btw how are your p2p speeds? bittorrent/emule?

oh yea, the improved pings are probably because lots of websites can't be accessed, and many people basically don't use internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

Well - I've been on Digiweb since August 2004. In the beginning everything worked like a charm ... good dl speeds from the web and P2P was also great.
    BUT then suddenly - guess it was early November - everything went totally lame :eek: - dl speeds were dovn to a crawl etc. :mad:
    Got a lot of excuses and BS from their Support .... nothing worked.

But behold - a few days ago everything was back to "the good ol' days" :o
    I have a 512/128 connection and get ~450kbps dl speed ... also BT dl's around 50KB/s ... I just hope this isn't a dream - and I wake up to the crap from before :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

ya my bt speeds have been back to what you would expect the last few
    day`s thank you digiweb....but 4 how long???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

ricey wrote:
    ya my bt speeds have been back to what you would expect the last few
    day`s thank you digiweb....but 4 how long???
    Until Digiweb realise their mistake (Thanks to you and Stone making them aware of it) and reinstate P2P traffic shaping :D

jbkenn

Advertisement