Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what the hell am i watching?!!!

• 27-01-2005 12:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭

ok cant tell what channel it is but im guessing ither bbc2 or ch4.

theres a guy disecting what im hoping is a dummy but it cud possibly be a really old corpse, im saying this due to the content inside!outside it looks fake but inside there is a lot of detail!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

theres a guy disecting what im hoping is a dummy...
    Aha, that'd be Simon whatshisname on The X-Factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

lol, but im nearly sure its not simon!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

it's channel 4 you're watching and the programme it called Anatomy for Beginners. I think it's really interesting...yesterday they did the lungs and blood system..and it was def a real cadaver (dead body) then. Today I agree that it looks more like a dummy but my mum thinks it's not....

the detail inside is too good to be a dummy. yeah its very interesting but shocking none the less. is this on regularly?

As far as I know it's on for only this week and maybe next week too everyday at 11. They're doing all the apects of the human body. The heart was monday, lungs and circulatory system yesterday, intestines today....fairly sure they'll do brain, liver, kidneys and reproductive systems too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

handy for all the biology students anyway!

cant stomach it myself (no pun intended!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Its definitly a cadaver, but it is a perserved one (hence the stiffness)
    Ye, its a cool program.

Whats with the doctors voice today tho! I think he hit puberty! Yeay for him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yea, some guy donated his body to science... and wanted it to be done on tv. Maybe he knew he was going to die. But it's real for sure....... No complaints about cutting up a body on tv yet "Jerry Springer the Opera" get's 40,000 complaints.

John

I love the weird German doctor! He was described as a maverick anatomist :D Personally he reminds me of the bad guy in Who Framed Roger Rabbit with his round glasses as funny hat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭irishboy99_

This is a really interesting prog. Ye yer man is mad the lungs and heart was gud

• Advertisement

mmm reproductive system!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

^^ LOL ye!

I dont think there is anything wrong with disecting a body on TV, as long as permission was given! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Yeah.. I know, I seen like 2 mins of that show.. then changed it, it;s completly unnessacery to show that on tv.. like it;s fine in labs and the like, but no need for it on tv.. It's just a typical example of C4 trying to hit us with another one of their failed attempts to suprise us with a ShockShow.. load a bollix me thinks.

[i thought it was good. it was done in a tasteful manner(as tasteful as possible). i dont see why people who see something they dont like on tv cant just change the channel. not getting a swing at above comment but i just think there is too much complaining about things like this.

i hate when parents give out about their children seen things on tv they shouldnt have. when i was a child i wasnt let watch tv at times when inappropriate programmes were on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

well i think its pretty good, biology helpfulness and what not, i just wish that guy would cough or somethin, it sounds like he needs to clear his throat! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

hahaha, i love the way they have American pyscho on straight after it aswell!

oh by the way who did frame roger rabbit?i cant rem!

Advertisement