Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some help/ideas

Options
  • 27-01-2005 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I'm trying to design a website to promote my editing work. Only problem is I'm **** at design.... well imparticular Logo/Banner design. I as wondering if any nice lady/gent here would like to help me out.

Few bits of information about me. I'm working full time in a Post Production company, but as I'm only a trainee I'm on a crap wage atm. I want to try and promote myself to people as an editor, but secondly I'm trying to get some extra work editing wedding videos and home movies etc and putting them onto dvd. So I thought the best way to do this is on the Web, obvious enough.

So the problem arises, I know the technical methods to compiling a website. But I am artistically crap.

I'm looking for some ideas for a banner, colours layout etc to go on the top of the site.

Something that would contain John Loughman Editing or something along those lines. Like JLE with the full words written around it. Anyway. I'm rambling.

Any suggestions, samples would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

lump.jpg
    Sorry I've no idea what that is! just went on and on and on and had a bit of fun doing it actually!! Maybe be a bit more specific.. do you want images in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yea, Images would be nice, something subtle... .Maybe blended.... I don't know what kind of images, Like editing it just a computer, so nothing really visual to set it apart from other computer operations. I want it to stand out, but not be noticable... If that makes sense! I kind of like what you did, but it's a bit in your face if you know what I mean... A subtle version of that would be fine.... I don't want people to be spending hours... I was only expecting suggestions, then I was going to spend a week learning how to create the suggestions.

I'm easily pleased to be honest!

John

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭limbovski

Size guidelines and favourite colours would be helpful... also possibly some websites that you like or feel you would like yours to resemble?

Colours, Deep Blue pastel yellows... I'm thinking that'd be a nice scheme. I'll have a look for some websites in work tomorrow. I'm off to bed now! Size.... Ahhhhh Either to fill across the top of a website, or something similar to the one above.... Either or.... not inbetween ;)

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

something simple like this might work:

jle.gif

• Advertisement

Both of them are great.... Now something in between would be fantastic!

John

Just an update, the ideal Dimensions would be 600 Pixels Wide, 50 to 60 Pixels High.

Thanks again!

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭modular

How's this?
    jle.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭MrBigglesworth

It's Friday night and I'm bored and I'm stuck at home. Oh well...not much design went into these..

jle8vb.gif

jle28fn.gif

jle35bu.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

johnloughman.jpg

Shrug

• Advertisement

Oh, Liking that Drake.... it may be used!

Thanks all.

John

Advertisement