Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountjoy Nua

Options
  • 27-01-2005 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Just seen on the news earlier that the new Mountjoy complex is to be built on the meath/dublin border, around ashbourne. Anyone living out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

There's a halving of house/land prices anyway. Bad luck Ashbourne-ians :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Seen an interview on the TV with some horsey-type and she was giving it loads about safety and stuff. You just know, though, that all she was thinking of was the £££ at the end of the day.
    House pricing halves? Man, thats savage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

It makes sense though ... to bring the jail closer to the scumbags :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

It might half prices in Ashbourne, but its the Government who'll get the greatest windfall... when they sell the present site to developers.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

DMC wrote:
    .. its the Government who'll get the greatest windfall... when they sell the present site to developers.... :rolleyes:

Good point, never crossed my mind.
    Hungry feckers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭jack shictt

the site either cost 30 million or 300 million cant remember. rich guy whoever owed it, think its a politcains freind.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

$lash wrote:
    It makes sense though ... to bring the jail closer to the scumbags :D

well surely then it would be built in ratoath..... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 vindictive_miss

decob wrote:
    well surely then it would be built in ratoath..... :p

:( Hey that's offensive...but I suppose true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

DMC wrote:
    It might half prices in Ashbourne, but its the Government who'll get the greatest windfall... when they sell the present site to developers.... :rolleyes:

The Developers aren't getting anything until they finish the prison complex in Ashbourne. When that is all done they will own the site that Mountjoy was on and have to demolish, rebuild etc. So I think it is pretty fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

:( Hey that's offensive...but I suppose true

it's not really... more scumbags per square meter in ratoath, than ashbourne

• Advertisement
Advertisement