Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

undelivered reports.... at 5am!!!

Options
  • 27-01-2005 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

hello all,
    both myself and my girlfriend only seem to get undelivered text reports at 5am.. its happened me on O2 and vodafone, and my girlfriends too on vodafone, whenever either of us send a txt and its undeliverable we get the report a week or so later, as per usual as it keeps trying, but the report wont come in till 5am!! im p1ssed off having them waking me up at 5am. is this right? or is someone taking the p1ss by setting the time on the system to send out those reports at 5am?

just venting :)

macker

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Switch off your mobile at night!

If you lower the message validity time does it help at all? This defaults to one week on most phones. Not sure about the time though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

BrianD wrote:
    Switch off your mobile at night!

Damn right.

Aside from increasing your exposure to radiation it's just incredibly stupid. I have NO sympathy for someone who leaves their phone on and they are woken by a text. You really, really wanna have a very good reason. Just outta habit is silly. But that's just my opinion and I do hate ring tones so much that my phone is on silent (not even vibrate) at all times unless I really, REALLY don't wanna miss a call or message (then it'd go to vibrate, nothing more).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

halenger wrote:
    Damn right.

Aside from increasing your exposure to radiation it's just incredibly stupid. I have NO sympathy for someone who leaves their phone on and they are woken by a text. You really, really wanna have a very good reason. Just outta habit is silly. But that's just my opinion and I do hate ring tones so much that my phone is on silent (not even vibrate) at all times unless I really, REALLY don't wanna miss a call or message (then it'd go to vibrate, nothing more).

normally do, just forgot a few times thats all

Advertisement