Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wifi 802.11

• 27-01-2005 1:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭

i have an a/b/g laptop and am going to get an external adapter for desktop pc.

what do i get, how uch and how do i set up a file and internet connection sharing network??

No jargon complete newbie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If it's just to share the internet then a 802.11b standard will do you fine.

Have a look in Maplin, PC World, Peats... on komplett.ie..

All you want is a USB 802.11b wireless adapter :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭(insert name)

thanx but i want to share connection and files

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Same as ciaranfo said for sharing connection and files.

You'll need to setup an 'ad-hoc' network between the two machines, which should be fairly obvious somewhere in the instructions that come with any cards. And then you'll need to run Internet Connection Sharing form one of your machines which I think you'll find under the Network Connections section of Control Panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well if the files are big u might wanna consider an a/g card for ur pc(faster speed, more expensive).... rather than an ad-hoc network u could plug in an ap(if ur pc has a spare network connection all the better).....ad-hoc networks can be iffy at the best of times imo

Advertisement