Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Has anyone heard of Suped ?

Options
  • 27-01-2005 1:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi All, just a thought for the day!

There has been a lot of talk over the past months about Halfords coming to Ireland, people are forgetting about Irish modification/part shops. There are a lot of good ones out there at the moment!

For example, Suped is located just 1 minutes drive off the Nass Road and is a new performance, sound, styling etc... shop. It was just opened before Christmas and have some really great deals, especially on alloys (+tyres).

Any other good ones out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

CNW_GiZmO! wrote:
    You haven't (really) driven till you drive a Nissan Skyline GTR R33 V-spec :
    It would be funny if this car which looks like Skyline outside suped is actually yours :D
    outside.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Well... I suppose we have now heard of 'Suped' from the horse's mouth, haven't we?

Good job, I know to avoid the place now: €329.99 for 7" TFT-equiped sunvisors? :eek: You can pick them up on eBay, retail, for less than $100.

You guys are proper RIP-OFF Ireland, you know that? :mad:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

busted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Give the guy some credit, he made an effort, at least his nick wasnt "suped" like others that come on and try plug their shop/website on boards with their nick the same name as the shop and telling us how great it is :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 CNW_GiZmO!

Ratchet wrote:
    It would be funny if this car which looks like Skyline outside suped is actually yours :D

NEWS FLASH: Just because you have driven a car does not necessarily "imply" you own the car !! :eek: Suprise

I am a student and do not own car (atm), but soon !

WTF! :D

Sorry If this seemed like a "pimpin" post ! I am genuinely interested in Irish Mod Shops as I will be purchasing a car when I get out of college and just wanted to get more info!

Cheers!

• Advertisement

yeah you right must be coincident :) . So is this your brother that owns the shop and Skyline GTR R33 V-spec outside?

You've not driven until you've spent your first 6 months of duly-licensed driving gaining experience in a Transit Van. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

CNW_GiZmO! wrote:
    Sorry If this seemed like a "pimpin" post ! I am genuinely interested in Irish Mod Shops

Cheers!

So interested that you have www.suped.ie as your home page in your profile, and your only posts so far have been promoting that shop?
    I applaud your neutral dedication to that shop's business.

ambro25 wrote:
    Well... I suppose we have now heard of 'Suped' from the horse's mouth, haven't we?

Good job, I know to avoid the place now: €329.99 for 7" sunvisors? :eek: You can pick them up on eBay, retail, for less than $100.

You guys are proper RIP-OFF Ireland, you know that? :mad:

What is the guarentee that you actually recieve the item from E-Bay, and what is the comeback (bad fedback)!

If you feel like you are being shafted in some way, don't let little olde me influence you decision to buy from E-Bay.

Just looked at the site now to prove point: Just to clarify, Are these MDS 7" Sunvisors on sale (retail) on E-Bay. Logical to compare like with like! :eek:

"I can buy a box Cornflakes in Lidl for €2 cheeper than Tesco, they are both Cornflakes but one and tastes like soggy crap!"

Tesco are rip off merchents! :mad:

(Disclaimer: For example purpose only, I am not dissi'n Tesco

This thread started about finding out about Irish Modification shops not some petty (misunderstood) pricing alerts!

Sorry about the ramblings!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

CNW_GiZmO! wrote:
    This thread started about finding out about Irish Modification shops not some petty (misunderstood) pricing alerts!

Sorry about the ramblings, just had to drive the point home!
    erm, this thread started by you pimping suped which co-incidentally looks like your shop!

• Advertisement

Sorry all about the bitchin, have final year degree exams on my mind! :eek:
    Just a little bit wired (atm)!

Apologies to all! :D

alastair wrote:

Cheers alastair! :D

BTW: I do not own the shop, or the Skyline!

CNW_GiZmO! wrote:
    What is the guarentee that you actually recieve the item from E-Bay, and what is the comeback (bad fedback)!

If you feel like you are being shafted in some way, don't let little olde me influence you decision to buy from E-Bay.

Just looked at the site now to prove point: Just to clarify, Are these MDS 7" Sunvisors on sale (retail) on E-Bay. Logical to compare like with like! :eek:

Notwithstanding the fact that, given your skills with syntax, vocabulary and grammar, you may indeed still only be in college (but there for a while - e.g. long enough to learn how to construct a sentence which any Forum reader can understand), this is getting to be quite comical...

I'll not bother to comment, re. eBay. I was using the .com site before eBay.co.uk appeared, have built up 162 feedback since (more or less 50/50 buying/selling), have only ever had one negative (which was totally accidental: the buyer's letter including payment had fallen behind my entrance hall dresser, I'd never even seen it! :o ), and have never been 'shafted' as a Buyer. That puts it about there for your 'little old you'. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

alastair wrote:
    So interested that you have www.suped.ie as your home page in your profile, and your only posts so far have been promoting that shop?

LOL, no further questions, your honour

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

unkel wrote:
    LOL, no further questions, your honour

Other than why that homepage url was removed from his profile since the last time I looked.

But then I'm probably just cynical.

CNW_GiZmO! wrote:
    Sorry all about the bitchin, have final year degree exams on my mind! :eek:
    Just a little bit wired (atm)!

Apologies to all! :D
    ;)

I will be watching that Skyline :) as for the shop , been there once and most of the items that i was looking for , had to be ordered
    Prices were high and items in stock looked exactly like the products we do buy from ebay. As for genuine performance parts suped.ie sucks big time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

in fairness though they probably do need some business as its tough enough to get one going initially so cant blame a bit of enterprise.
    the people who have ebay shops have few overheads, however if u lease a unit and pay various running costs then it all adds up.
    there prices actually dont look bad, but im past the boy racer phase well never really had one actually :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Baldy

ambro25 wrote:
    Notwithstanding the fact that, given your skills with syntax, vocabulary and grammar, you may indeed still only be in college (but there for a while - e.g. long enough to learn how to construct a sentence which any Forum reader can understand), this is getting to be quite comical...

Thats a brilliant come-back, the old "result to the typing/grammer skills" What are you like! And as regards the ebay I think I'd love to see some statistics before you start blabing back. While it was a somewhat bias, give the guy a break, he was asking about other shops as well which would indicate to me that he was looking for the best deals, etc!

lomb wrote:
    the people who have ebay shops have few overheads, however if u lease a unit and pay various running costs then it all adds up.

Self-evident, lomb. However, you'll find that a lot (and I mean a lot of a lot of a f***ing hell of a lot) of bricks-n-mortar shops/stores have setup their own eBayStores, since it:

1/is cheaper than building/commissioning/hosting their own website
    2/gets a lot more global traffic (particularly since visitors are already looking for what the stores are selling, in a classified system, saves Search Engine submissions and all that trying to climb up in Google results)
    3/has a ready-made secure built-in payment system
    etc, etc.

I ain't got eBay shares, don't have an eBayStore, or anyhing like that - but I happen to like the system a lot and have done so for years, if I had a shop-shop, I'd always also have an eBayStore. It'd be too daft to pass on the opportunities, given the negligible cost.

BTW, my bro-in-Law got himself a black '00 Hyundai Coupe F2 with 38k miles for £3,2k last November... on eBay.

Baldy wrote:
    Thats a brilliant come-back,

Why, thank you so much :)
    Baldy wrote:
    the old "result to the typing/grammer skills". What are you like!

Taking the p*** and enjoying myself tremendously, thank you.

It's not "old" - just look at the guy's posts, and you'll hopefully grasp my meaning.
    Baldy wrote:
    And as regards the ebay I think I'd love to see some statistics before you start blabing back. While it was a somewhat bias, give the guy a break, he was asking about other shops as well which would indicate to me that he was looking for the best deals, etc!

Statistics, your Honour

• Advertisement

ambro25 wrote:

Now why couldn't ya have done that earlier. But it doesn't give any stats on the product so you don't know that the product you displayed earlier is the same product, for example the one you are showing is a 6 inch, the one in the store is a 7 inch firstly. I'm not saying that the extra inch is worth the odd 200 more. But the product that suped are selling might be smaller in terms of deminsions, therefore the circuitry might be more complex making it more expensive. Plus the image quality might be far better on the one on suped compared to the one on ebay there are more factors to consider here before complaining about price.

And about his grammer, while not perfect it was understandable. Hence why I think the point on grammer was quite pitiful.

its ntsc so is useless in ireland

Baldy wrote:
    Now why couldn't ya have done that earlier. But it doesn't give any stats on the product so you don't know that the product you displayed earlier is the same product, for example the one you are showing is a 6 inch, the one in the store is a 7 inch firstly. I'm not saying that the extra inch is worth the odd 200 more. But the product that suped are selling might be smaller in terms of deminsions, therefore the circuitry might be more complex making it more expensive. Plus the image quality might be far better on the one on suped compared to the one on ebay there are more factors to consider here before complaining about price.

And about his grammer, while not perfect it was understandable. Hence why I think the point on grammer was quite pitiful.

u r just getting pedantic now

there you have 2 LCD's for much better price

but I wouldn't care for any of these gagets. I drive cars to enjoy it not to watch dvd's

lomb wrote:
    You expecting to watch RTE or something? These are used to take AV input (DVD, games consoles, MiniPC video-out etc.), NTSC or PAL makes jack-sh*t difference.
    Ratchet wrote:
    Seconded.

Only point to me posting here, & the manner thereof, was because this thread appeared to be an obvious trawl for business / pimp - for which this is not the place, commercial initiative notwithstanding.

Why I didn't post the linkie before? Exact point why is above: because I didn't expct some muppet to want to split hair in defense of an obvious and unashamed tout. Wanna split hair, Baldy? Go split someone else's - I ain't got none either :D .
    Ratchet wrote:
    but I wouldn't care for any of these gagets. I drive cars to enjoy it not to watch dvd's

Seconded & Tripled - just a car thief magnet, IMHO. I'd much rather save on the ICE & get a decent home setup, thank you very much (not that I don't already have one! :D:p )

EDIT: on a final point before signing off this thread, if CNW_GIZmo was indeed the college student that he alleges he is, and also allegedly getting ready to own his first car, he'd be best advised to lay off the ICE & mods and concentrate first on getting a license, a decent road-worthy car, insure & tax it. Don't need another €500 banger with €5,000 worth of Sony gear in it on the roads, to eventually jack my premiums up when he splatters it/skangers nab it.

Ratchet wrote:

there you have 2 LCD's for much better price

Still ntsc..............

lomb wrote:

most of them do support NTSC and PAL due to the fact that most of this items are sold through US sites, they may not mention the fact as Yankees don't have clue what the hell is PAL. it's made in China anyway and sometimes even they do support SECAM

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I heard that a company like suped treat their staff badly, not sure if it was suped or not though, can't remember. Does suped treat their staff well CNW_GiZmO!?

Gordon wrote:
    I heard that a company like suped treat their staff badly, not sure if it was suped or not though, can't remember. Does suped treat their staff well CNW_GiZmO!?

leave the student alone, his big brother drives Skyline and will come and beat the hell out of you with this cheap ebay silencer

Gordon wrote:

I don't think it's the same company, I rang up, and dropped a question asking how long there where were in operation, they only recently opened.

• Advertisement

ambro25 wrote:
    if CNW_GIZmo was indeed the college student that he alleges he is, and also allegedly getting ready to own his first car, he'd be best advised to lay off the ICE & mods and concentrate first on getting a license, a decent road-worthy car, insure & tax it. Don't need another €500 banger with €5,000 worth of Sony gear in it on the roads, to eventually jack my premiums up when he splatters it/skangers nab it.

Sorry to all for having to endure some of the replies, this thread has obviously got out of hand (thanks to ambro25)!

I'm sorry for jacking up "your" premiums (all my fault) just because I am a young driver.

FYI: I thought you were into getting your FACTS straight:
    - I "HAVE" a full Driving Licence
    - Decent roadworthy car in the pipeline (but after reading this I feel so guilt ridden, I might just give it a miss :D)

Thanks for the advice though: I will take it on board and just buy a bus ticket for the rest of my life, why the hell should young drivers be on the road anyways, (driving up your premiums) ambro25!

Hopefully this should put a finish to this thread!

NOTICE: Pardon me if I have confused some forum readers with minor grammatical errors throughout the thread, apparently they were hard to understand (ambro25) ? :confused:

Cheers ! :D

PS: Here are a "FEW" of the negative replies from the Seller on E-Bay mentioned above:

- After 24 days waiting, it never came. Sorry but i have to tell what happened
    - Product was not as advertised and slow shipping
    - Paid for brand new item only to get reconditioned one. My questions unanswered
    - Product arrived without ANY seller comunication, xtra $102 to clear from customs
    - This seller is out to rob people don't do business with not a good ebayer at all
    - Got unit- Did not work! Had to return at my cost- did get a good one this time-
    - I was very unhappy with this
    - Sent me the wrong item.
    - Horrible service, got the wrong thing and still dealing with it.....
    - 2 items did not work,items not as described
    - etc, etc ... (Too Many to Mention)

Statistics, your Honour !!

Advertisement