Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank overcharging me on quarterly fees

Options
  • 27-01-2005 3:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

my bank has been overcharging me up to 50 euro a pop on my current account quarterly fees for a few years.
    if i wanted to kick some ass for the fun of it- without getting somebodys ass fired .should i write direct to the head honchos or deal with it locally

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Banks are known to do this often. Just deal with it locally, it wont be a big deal to them. Keep checking it in the future though as its likely to happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭samo

davelerave wrote:
    my bank has been overcharging me up to 50 euro a pop on my current account quarterly fees for a few years.
    if i wanted to kick some ass for the fun of it- without getting somebodys ass fired .should i write direct to the head honchos or deal with it locally

Since I moved to BOI 2 years ago thats about the average I pay for quarterly fee's and seems very high. Having checked into it though, at least in my case BOI were correct but couldnt offer any alternative of reducing the figure apart from cancel all your direct debits! :rolleyes:

Am going to give changing to Permanent TSB to the new current account alot of thought - so will be interestred to see if anyone does the same and how they get on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭Enduro

I use NIB's Freebank account. I don't pay any charges whatsoever. I just don't get why ye guys stick with banks that rip ye off like clockwork. Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

davelerave wrote:
    Are you absolutely certain that they have been overcharging? What specifically is wrong with their breakdown of costs?

The appropriate body to receive report of such overcharging is IFSRA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

yes.it's a clearcut case as they've been charging me for coin handling on a regular basis and i never use coins.i'm not interested in filing reports unless there's something to be gained financially but i thought i might wind them up and get a bit of compo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Check out details of this similar case from Cobh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,976 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Happens with all banks. My dad's with TSB and if he doesn't watch his current account closely he'll get charged overdraft charges even though he's no overdraft setup on his account. There are other phantom fees as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

move to another bank and get free banking. Try ulsterbank's plain current account. all you need is a min 500 in the account and they wont charge you a cent (for

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I second the NIB freebank account
    No fees whatsoever, including free setup of direct debits

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement