Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rawk

Options
  • 27-01-2005 6:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

We're doing a countdown of the 50 greatest rock songs ever on Trinity FM next week. Anyone got suggestions for what they want to see there? I was going to do a rough list tonight but all I can think of is Sweet Child O'Mine and the theme tune to Jeopardy...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Thats a mans job :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Just play 50 Led Zeppelin songs

John2 wrote:
    Just play 50 Led Zeppelin songs

What he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

You gotta stick some queen in there! And I wouldn't be impartial to some thin lizzy, bowie, pink floyd, pixies, black sabbath. And depending on your definition of rock, some clapton, canned heat, cat stevens..

EDIT: Wait I should be more specific. Ok respectively: Any queen song (maybe 2 or 3), boys are back in town, heros, wish you were here, where is my mind, paranoid, layla, let's work together, wild world.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Evilution wrote:
    Thats a mans job :eek:
    [Sexist]
    proper order, should have em in the kitchen making the dinner n minding the kids.
    [/Sexist]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Well this'll obviously be coloured by my own personal taste, but whatever, here's a few songs that won't be mentioned by many:

<something by Pink Floyd>
    Radiohead: My Iron Lung
    Smashing Pumpkins: Cherub Rock/Soma/Bullet with Butterfly Wings (pick one)
    Tool - Lateralus
    urm..and you should include Nancy Boy by Placebo just to piss a few people off. :D
    perhaps Master of Puppets by Metallica, or an alternative..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

any britney spears record.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

SkyLynx wrote:
    [Sexist]
    proper order, should have em in the kitchen making the dinner n minding the kids.
    [/Sexist]

But we have a problem here. This wan is in college now and you know what happens to a girl when she goes to college - she becomes either a feminist or a lesbian....or a feminist lesbian. Too big for her BOOTS!!!

Evilution wrote:
    But we have a problem here. This wan is in college now and you know what happens to a girl when she goes to college - she becomes either a feminist or a lesbian....or a feminist lesbian. Too big for her BOOTS!!!
    Ye put em in their place of course, easily done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

On topic please? At least for this thread..

• Advertisement

ApeXaviour wrote:
    On topic please? At least for this thread..
    i dunno we seem to go off topic in everyother thread, it seems a shame if we managed to stay ontopic.............

no1 has to be stairway to heaven. class track.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Yeah but kinda predictable... hmmm...

Bullet with Butterfly Wings will prob be there anyway... zeppelin... thin lizzy...

I sent you a big list from the DURNS account earlier. Some of them aren't exactly great but some were classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

hrm i could make a mighty big list here but im too lazy and also my mind has seemed to have gone blank!! yeah pretty much reiterate everyone else: zepplin, floyd (wish you were here), radiohead, smashing pumpkins(i have serious emotional attatchment to 1979). maybe some hendrix aswell?

If the Velvet Underground aren't included I'm going to lambast you for it. Lambast I say. You've got one album on your iTunes so you've no excuse.

Damn your nerdish knowledge of our music collection *shakes fist towards DURNS room/looks impressed*

Yeah Velvet Underground will be there, Radiohead, Muse, Pumpkins, maybe Jeff Buckley, definitely Zeppelin, possibly an overabundance of Weezer, Thin Lizzy.. i don't know my brain is fried right now...

stargal, check email

nevermind.....

no no..... chaeck again

• Advertisement

Unless you were the lonely housewife in my area who wanted some ass i didn't get anything. what did you send?

Ah, that's you? didn't realise, thought it was just some randomer!

you replyed.....i am not a lonely housewife

I know you're not a lonely housewife... now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Unless you were the lonely housewife in my area who wanted some ass i didn't get anything. what did you send?

what? did some one mention lesbianism?

interesting fact someone told me today. homosexuals. you'd think the word game from homo (man latin) and sexus (sex latin). its actually homo (same greek) and sexus (latin). like homologue.

because the latin tribe came from greece,

(i did classical studies)

because the latin tribe came from greece,

(i did classical studies)
    :rolleyes:

:eek:

i'm not just a pretty face.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

eh. as. what has that got to do with anything?

also it doesnt make much sense.

Advertisement