Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using the MAN

Options
  • 27-01-2005 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi,

I have seen a couple of threads about the MAN not helping much to get people broadband but my question is how can I get access to it as a business?

I need a presence in Wexford and Galway where I can get leased lines and good internet bandwidth. In Wexford at least there don't appear to be any data centers. Where does the MAN pop out of the ground in these places?

Aaron

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I'd suggest talking to e-net, they can tell you more specifics than you'll (probably) get here since they run it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

Do please let us know how you get on.

How many sales staff have e-net got? I heard the team had grown sharply and has now reached 2. Can this be correct?

How would one find out how many customers are connected though each of the MANs at this stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

In Galway (wired or fibre ) you should try

NTL and Smart Telecom and Worldcom if you need a big pipe and not have to get eircomm involved with their crazy pricing

Leap and Budget Telecom (wireless)

eNet can sell you a fibre but not a service , the above will sell you both .

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

eNet can sell you a fibre but not a service , the above will sell you both
    Not quite true. e-net is contracted to sell products / services to Authorised Operators onlyso is not in the retail space. The operators using the MAN's will sell the services to the end user.

e-net's products include dark fibre, managed banwidth (STM-1 & 100MB Ethernet) and Co-location services.

thegills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

thegills wrote:
    Not quite true. e-net is contracted to sell products / services to Authorised Operators onlyso is not in the retail space. The operators using the MAN's will sell the services to the end user.

equally not quite true :)

E Net can offer a service on a given MAN if no Authorised Operator takes space up on it . Kiltimagh comes to mind at present .

They could therefore be a 'carrier of last resort'...not an issue in Galway of course where carriers have taken space and offer services .

^%

• Advertisement
Advertisement