Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

table tennis on O'Connell street

• 27-01-2005 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

anyone see the table tennis... table on O connell street, was walking down there yesterday and I saw two people playing table tennis on the median, its some sort of sculpture, made out of stone, infact there was a half page about in the times yesterday i must go read it, it was cool to see people playing the game on the street, it was like those stone chess tables you have in parks but a bit more active, unfortunately for safety reason they had put up very ugly railings, netting and sandbags around the table so people wouldn't run into the road, it pretty much ruined the whole effect but I guess it was needed as that part of the median is fairly narrow and earlier a large group of Chinese people had been playing it for real and doing the hwhole standing two metres back and rallying it so there be good chance you could run into the road, but the could had desinged a much nicer protection...they should have but it up outside the GPO that near plaza thing is a bit of a wasteland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Is it a sculpture of people playing table tennis or just a table?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Just a table. It'd be a bit difficult to play if there were two stone statues in the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Sounds like a crap idea for a sculpture. I'll see it tomorrow I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Aww man this is cool. I must try it with a friend someday. Not that I'm brilliant at the game, but I can kick a bit of ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Sounds quite bizzare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

There was a bit about it on TV recently. The guys who did it got the idea from Berlin, where similar things are done. It is an unusual idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

It's those damn communists subverting our streets! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

That's a fairly handy bed for when people fall out of the clubs. I wonder how many babies will be conceived on it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

robbie1876 wrote:
    That's a fairly handy bed for when people fall out of the clubs. I wonder how many babies will be conceived on it??
    Unless you're a total exhibitionist I think you'd look for somewhere else first! This table could not be more exposed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

oh i saw it the other day i think its cool

• Advertisement
Advertisement