Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replace bike

Options
  • 27-01-2005 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Had bike stolen last night from the shed in the back garden, saw the thief cycling it away as I arrived home, of course didn't realise it was my bike at the time. End of Terrace house so they lifted it over the wall. Hadn't locked it and of course it wasn't insured. So annoyed, sorry to rant.
    Anyway need a bike for work the one I bought in September was €250 (fairly standard bike, not sure of make) but this time really want to get one as cheap as possible under €100 if I can. My cycle every day is only about 30 mins on cycle lanes.
    Rang Kevin Street Garda Station but they don't know when the next bicycle auction will be. Tried Buy and Sell but there's not much up there from what I could see, lot of bikes in Nothern Ireland. If anyone knows where sells decent second hand bikes either city centre or southside I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

CB,

I might have a bike that will suit, It could be a week until I know for sure, cos I'm currently in the process of buying an Orbea road bike on eBay.

I bought a second had racer last October, so I'll be selling that. Its a specialized Allez frame (the oldest part), ultegra/105 throughout with ritchey wheels and hubs. I'd be looking for €300 and no less...but as I said its dependant upon me getting a new set of wheels! I'll know early next week.

I'll send you pics if you're interested,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Enduro

What size is the frame?

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Its 56cm. Turns out someone was trying to scam me with the Orbea, sale fell through...sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

for instructions sake would you briefly detail the scam to educate some of the other users. me included. :)

Advertisement