Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simpsons..anti- irish??

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

damn you blisterman posting that link before me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

tba wrote:
    Id really like if they had an episode where they come to Ireland expecting a warm welcome and discover Dublin is just as bad as New York. Now that would be funny

Yeah they could visit places like Baille na Mhun and Bally Fermot and get robbed or attacked and maybe Homer could jump off O'Connell bridge only to land in a pile of mud and dirt, then he gets sent to hospital and gets left on a trolly(nice health service) for a couple of days, then he gets beat on by Keano and Shane McGowan offers him some drugs, homer gets rampant diarhea from Guinness, knocked down by the lUAS loses his bag on flight and an POSt arse up his bag being sent to his hotel. The flight goes on fire and Homer paracheuts out and gets impaled on the spire.

Practically writes itself.

for some reason, thats funny as its true!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Merrion

Portrayal of stereotypical Irishmen on television?
    I say : Down with this sort of thing!

careful now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

what seamus said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

It definately done in jest. In the commentary on the DVDs they say how all their writers are either part Jewish or Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nitch

It is so refreshing to hear a group of people go, "yeah, we know they're joking, and we think it's funny too." God, the world needs more of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

If you cant laugh at yourself then what can you laugh at!......to be fair while most of it may be stereotypical, a lot of the jokes are at the expense of the 'im IRISH' community in the US.

As one famous (so famous i cant remember his name) political commintator said, for an American president to be successful he needs to take care of the 3 I's - Israel, the italians and the Irish.

God knows, the Simpsons take the piss out of the other two as well:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

i hear they are making an episode that has yer man from that film "once" in it. (set in dublin)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

No mention of Thay Irish lad in the Simpsons Movie in that link! They clearly warm to the Irish, and find us a bit mad, as most Americans do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

If you cant laugh at yourself then what can you laugh at!......to be fair while most of it may be stereotypical, a lot of the jokes are at the expense of the 'im IRISH' community in the US.

As one famous (so famous i cant remember his name) political commintator said, for an American president to be successful he needs to take care of the 3 I's - Israel, the italians and the Irish.

God knows, the Simpsons take the piss out of the other two as well:D

I know it took 3 and a half years but now this thread is complete.

Advertisement