Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toure receives ban

• 27-01-2005 11:41am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Arsenal defender Kolo Toure has been served with a three-match ban after admitting a charge of violent conduct on Wednesday.

The Ivory Coast international was charged after lashing out at Newcastle United striker Alan Shearer with his elbow in Sunday's 1-0 win at Highbury.
    Toure has since decided not to contest the charge and will therefore miss this weekend's FA Cup fourth round tie against Wolves.
    The defender will also miss Arsenal's Premiership clashes against Manchester United and Aston Villa during the ban.
    "Arsenal defender Kolo Toure has admitted a charge of violent conduct," read a statement on The FA's official website.
    "The associated automatic three-match suspension will therefore start with immediate effect.
    "The charge related to an incident involving Newcastle's Alan Shearer during the match at Highbury on January 23."

Justice done.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

And Alan Shearer is an Angel now ;)

At least us Arsenal fans have an excuse ala Ferdinand if we lose against UTD :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Bravo, a weak defence :)

p.s. I dont understand about ferdinand, did united lose to arsenal in the last two years and blame our missing ferdinand or something?
    I don't remember that

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

"And Alan Shearer is an Angel now

At least us Arsenal fans have an excuse ala Ferdinand if we lose against UTD "

Of course dear Alan Who Should Have Joined A Right Club Shearer is an angel....raise his elbows when jumping... would he ever!!!! ;)

Ah go on Jank tell us about Rio ;)

In fairness Toure probably got about ten times the dose he dished out to Shearer from Shearer before and after the incident, BUT, it was violent conduct, shame that the Video panel don't be more consistent.!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

If it wasnt for that FA ban Utd would have went on to win another treble..well its what i keep hearing anyway.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

"If it wasnt for that FA ban Utd would have went on to win another treble..well its what i keep hearing anyway."

Excellent statement, are you sure you are not a United fan. Listen I can send you a lovely set of rose tined MUFC engraved sunglasses, are you on? ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement