Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would be considered a reasonable turn-around time?

Options
  • 27-01-2005 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

Hi

On 06-Jan I left my SE Z600 into the carphone warehouse to get it repaired, it still has 7-months warranty left. Problem was with the ringer, it would not ring!! :)

Anyhow, that has been 3 weeks today.

Should I ring them and ask them have the received it back? What would be considered a reasonable turn-around time here?

Obviously, being after christmas they probably have a lot more repairs than normal plus if it is a new part they have to send away for it.

What are people's opinions on this? I am tempted to ring them but they will probably say "Well we have your contact details and as soon as the phone comes back we will contact you."

:(

--laoisfan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You'll be contacted when it arrives back. Don't bother ringing up cos it won't move it any faster. 3 weeks or more is what they're taking at the moment. Engineers had Xmas hols so although phones were being taken in, they were just piling up not being fixed. If there's an unusual fault with a SE phone, it will prob have to be returned to the manufacturer which takes even longer.
    Repairs would be the number one complaint CPW get. The staff get really sick of people getting annoyed with them for repairs as it's nothing to do with them, they just take it in and hand it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

thanks RachG - i think deep down i knew the answer........i miss my widdle se z600 terribly...am using an old nokia 3310....which i have to charge everyday....ah well.......c'est la vie....as the french would say................isn't amazing how people become attached to something like a mobile!!

ah well, fingers crossed only another week to go!!

--laoisfan
    also a liverpoolfan (koptalk)

Liverpool to beat Chelsea in Carling Cup Final, 2-1
    Laois to win Leinster'05.

Advertisement