Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Friday - THE HOUSE OF LOVE at The Village

Options
  • 27-01-2005 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

'Shine On', 'Christine’, 'I Don't Know Why I Love You', 'Crush Me', 'Destroy the Heart', 'Girl With the Loneliest Eyes', 'Beatles and the Stones', 'Never', 'Marble', 'Feel', 'Let's Talk About You', 'Safe', 'You Don't Understand', 'Yer Eyes', 'Loneliness Is a Gun'...

Back after 11 years...
    THE HOUSE OF LOVE
    Irish Tour, January 2005

Kicked off in Belfast last night...

Tonight, Thursday January 27th ‘05 - DERRY, The Nerve Centre
    Tomorrow, Friday January 28th ‘05 - DUBLIN, The Village
    This Saturday, January 29th ‘05 - CORK, Cyprus Avenue

Tickets for all dates on-sale now.

- Featuring:
    Guy Chadwick - vocals, guitar
    Terry Bickers - guitar, vocals
    Pete Evans – drums
    Matt Jury - bass

New album: ‘Days Run Away’ (28th February 2005)
    Single: ‘Love You Too Much’ (14th February 2005)

THE HOUSE OF LOVE release a new album, their first in eleven years, 'Days Run Away' on Art and Industry Records on February 28th next year and play a hugely-anticipated four-date Irish Tour this week.

It will be followed by a series of UK dates during February.

The album sees original guitarist Terry Bickers back in the band after his departure in 1990 and also features original drummer Pete Evans.

A brand new single ‘Love You Too Much’ will be available as a limited edition 7" released February 14th. The album was recorded and mixed by Pat Collier and was recorded at Gravity Shack in the summer of 2004.

- The full track-listing is:
    Love You Too Much
    Gotta Be That Way
    Maybe You Know
    Kinda Love
    Money And Time
    Days Run Away
    Already Gone
    Wheels
    Kit Carter
    Anyday I Want

The House of Love released their self-titled debut album on Creation Records in 1988.

Produced by Pat Collier, it became an instant classic and included the monumental single 'Christine'.

The album was followed in the same year by the single 'Destroy The Heart', which grabbed the top spot in John Peel's Festive Fifty of 1988.

1989 saw the band sign to Fontana. Their debut album for the label, again self titled, released the following year, spawned the singles 'Shine On', 'I Don't Know Why I Love You' and 'The Beatles And The Stones'.

Two further albums followed for Fontana, 1992’s ‘Babe Rainbow’ (which features ‘Crush Me’, ‘Feel’, Girl With the Loneliest Eyes’), and ‘Audience With the Mind’ in 1993.

www.artandindustry.co.uk

Ticket details:
    Derry - £12 Stg plus booking fee from The Nerve Centre Box Office, and www.wegottickets.com
    Dublin - €22.50 (inc. booking fee) from the WaV Ticketbox, Ticketmaster and usual outlets.
    Cork - €20 from Cyrpus Avenue, and PLUGD Records

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

'wow'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

'fantastic'! :-)

Anyway...

THE DIRTY PICTURES have been confirmed as support for The House of Love’s Dublin show at The Village tomorrow night (Friday).

The support for Saturday night’s Cork show at Cyprus Avenue are UK three-piece, BlackBud (Independiente Records) – winners of the 2004 Glastonbury Unsigned competition. BlackBud also support Danish five-piece Saybia at the Sugar Club in Dublin on Sunday night.

Limited tickets are available for this weekend’s gigs – The House of Love’s first here in over 11 years.

For Dublin – The WaV Ticketbox at Whelans and Ticketmaster outlets.

Cork – From Cyrpus Avenue. Tel: 021 4276165

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jamster

Anyone here see them in Belfast or Derry? I'm going tonight & would like to hear how the went down.

Advertisement