Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam Keywords

Options
  • 27-01-2005 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a good list of spam keywords. I am setting up a filter & want to include as many keywords as possible.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Let's do it one by one. I'll kick things off:

cock

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

A filter for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

\/iagr/\

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

blacknight wrote:
    A filter for what?
    For incoming e-mails.
    If e-mail conatins %s, then do such an action.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

you'd be better off using DNS blacklists instead of wordlists. If you are going to try something with wordlists then you need to be able to run regular expressions for it to be any way effective

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

cellphone / homeloan / $ on the subject line but after that you hit diminishing returns very quickly

http://www.squidguard.org/blacklist/ squid guard blacklists - might be old

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

Bluefoam wrote:
    Anyone have a good list of spam keywords. I am setting up a filter & want to include as many keywords as possible.
    Im using eTrust Secure Content Manager and over the past year Ive built on the keyword list to something im quite proud of :D
    Also very effective mind you! Ill see if I can export it for you on Monday and post a link to a download.

When I installed it first the keyword list was already quite extensive and I had a little giggle to myself while reading through it. One string that kind of caught my eye was "Porch Monkey Chink F*cker".
    Yeh really :D Wtf??!
    blacknight wrote:
    you'd be better off using DNS blacklists instead of wordlists. If you are going to try something with wordlists then you need to be able to run regular expressions for it to be any way effective.
    DNS Blacklists are great and this program uses both, which works very well.

Philbert wrote:
    DNS Blacklists are great and this program uses both, which works very well.

It's still client-side, which means it's too late.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement