Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chickatees

• 27-01-2005 1:47pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I used to love chickatees when i was a kid, and i still enjoy them today. The best part was getting a chickatee, that was full of the orange flavour.

I have noticed with today's modern packets, that these flavour filled chickatees are few and far between, even worse, todays packets contain chickatees that are often 'hollow' if you understand me, therefore they contain very little taste, but still maintain the shape of the originals, but with half the mass.

I'm just glad that Skips have sorted themselves out recently after some time as well. During the start of 2000 towards 2003, i found the taste of the prawn cocktail skips to be awful. I had a packet recently for the first time in a while, and they tasted as good as before.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, i've noticed the phenomenon of which you speak. They do seem flavourless and as you say, Hollow!

As for Skips, I haven't ate those in years. Or Rancheroes come to think of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Mmmmm, I had some nice Rancheroes today.

Chickatees always seemed a bit too full of air for me. Not much taste off them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 deceptacon

Aw man, you can tell the real Chickatees from the **** ones by the smell. People used to be all with the "ewww smells like horse ****" when I opened a packet. You just don't get that anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Monster Much.. now they were nice..

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Shrimp wrote:
    Monster Much.. now they were nice..

WERE nice????

They can still be got.

• Advertisement

yeah? I thought they were replaced by.. Mighty Much.. bought out by walkers i thought?

Yeah, you could be right, but they will always be known as monster much.

Clearly not.. i just gave an example of they're not..

Shrimp wrote:
    Clearly not.. i just gave an example of they're not..

As far as I am concerned they will, you muppet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

True too much air in chickatees these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Buffalo flavoured Hunky Doreys

no crisp comes close tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Have to agree with you there Mossy.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Buffalo flavoured Hunky Doreys

no crisp comes close tbh
    Bufflo flavoured Hunky Doreys and a hot buttered cusine de france roll.....mmmmmm. I used to call into a SPAR near where i worked, but was always to early for the breakfast rolls stuff, so i had to improvise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I used to eat them in a bap with butter - delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 squaredog

I'm almost sure that Chickatees come in multipacks now with Wheelies and Snax. Cheap and tasty mulitpacks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

squaredog wrote:
    I'm almost sure that Chickatees come in multipacks now with Wheelies and Snax. Cheap and tasty mulitpacks!

I think they're 'chickaroos' - nice but not as flavoured as the auld chicketees :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

Never really liked chicketees or chickaroos. I also thought they tasted kinda cardboardie tbh. Loved monster munch back in the good old days before they added pickled onion flavor. I'm nearly addicted to buffalo flavour hunky doreys at this stage. Nothing else even comes close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Yah the old chickatees were much bigger and had a much stronger taste, you definitely needed a drink after them to wash them down so to speak.
    Loved monster munch back in the good old days before they added pickled onion flavor
    Ooooh ya, I used to live on them, so big, never enough in a pack though.

Does anyone remember meanies and mega-meanies? they were great. 15p and all you can eat!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭N_Raid

I was never really mad about chickatees or chickaroos. I hated the way they turned into a chickeny mush and got all stuck in my teeth and I'd still be eating them two hours later.
    Have to agree about the buffalo hunky dories though. Never tried them on a roll but the best crisp on a roll I've had so far have to be salt and vinegar discos. Especially is you get a packet that are really vinegary

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement