Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.1amp & Speakers on a budget of €300

Options
  • 27-01-2005 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a 5.1 amp and speakers, I have been looking at the all-in-one systems, but am not interested in a dvd player. On a budget of around €300 am I way off the separates route? I'm willing to spend more if needs be (within reason!)

Anyone got any suggestions on what kind of system I sould be looking at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Ricardfred

superfi.co.uk currently have the ACOUSTIC ENERGY AEGO P5 AMPLIFIER & SPEAKER PACKAGE (black only) for £299 sterling. There is a more recent mark 2 version out (silver) which also got a 5 star rating but that is £450. Amazon had cheaper systems by Kiiro and Videologic but they longer appear to be in stock. I had the Kiiro which was fine but I hope to upgrade to the AEGO P5 mark 2 which has DTS etc if the price drops a bit more. I have not seen them locally. Superfi charge £30 for delivery to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 gipo

you would be better off to save more money, say 500

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

These are two units that I've been looking at:

The Sony HT DDW760 SonyHT-DDW760http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/56987/art/sony/homecinema-amp-and-speake.html

The Philips LX600
    http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/44212/art/philips/home-cinema-amp-speaker-s.html

I haven't been able to find any decent reviews of either, Does anyone have any experience of either unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I would stay away from the all in one boxes if at all possible, id spend as much as you can on a good amp and speakers, Id even go as far as buying the amp and front speakers (L R C) and when you have enough money get the rears. Thats the way i did it and it worked out better.

although if your not that serious about it, some of the all in one speaker packages such as the black ones mentioned above on superfi.co.uk are amazing compared to those sony/philips ones.

Sean

also check out www.hifistore.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

There is a system on unbeatable.co.uk for £169. Its the yamaha AV-50. It has separate amp and speakers and by all accounts it is supposed to be quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

cheers richie - The amp in that package has some great reviews - Yamaha RXV350 - the speakers are pretty basic, but I reckon they'd suit what I'm looking for - Thats a brilliant price though, €245 for amp+speakers
    the amp alone in richersounds is €229!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 festina

Delivery is very expensive from unbeatable, £80 to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Delivery was less than £50 from unbeatable for a large all-in-one. I ordered on Monday about 5 and it arrived Wednesday around 11. I was very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

i bought a cambridge soundworks 5.1 system designed for a pc, think you can get just the processor unit on its own, lost of downsides, but cheap.. might be worth some investigation?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Lidl have a Targa system in your budget range next thursday

www.lidl.ie for details

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
Advertisement