Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pigsback rant

• 27-01-2005 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone else have problems with these guys?

For example, I just tried registering with a recruitment company to get 100 piggy points but there was a database error.

A few weeks ago, I completed a survey for which I was promised quite a few piggy points but I haven't received them yet and there's no indication if I will or not.

Grr!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs.Babalady

yes Simu I've had problems with them also.

I have redeemed tonnes of the print off vouchers where you get money off & then get points on your account also (supposedly) except the shops are not sending the vouchers in so i'm not getting my points. Now i know this is not Pigsback fault but they shouldn't display the offer if it doesn't work like that.

3 weeks ago submitted 2 receipts from Aer Lingus.com & haven't received those points either. The banners do encourage me to use their partner sites & then you don't get the points,bit of a rip if you ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

I too have had similar problems. In fairness it was always when another company was involved. I've never had problems with obtaining points directly from Pigsback, it's always when another company is involved, and the don't send in their receipts or whatever it is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Only problems I've had is from the banners.
    If you send an e-mail to them, you should get sorted out.
    I was missing some and they credited me within 2 days of an e-mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The last two posters are right, contact pigsback by e-mailand they will resolve the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

simu wrote:
    For example, I just tried registering with a recruitment company to get 100 piggy points but there was a database error.
    I registered with recruit Ireland no problem. Didn't get my points for a 15 minute survey though (was it a survey on sports advertising?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Is pigs back for Ireland only or is there a Uk version?

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Jaysus what a pack of whingers !!!

I have got a fair few free CD's because of their vouchers, you get the piggypoints from vouchers eventually (sometimes 6 months later!) but on the whole they are excellent and anytime I have had cause to mail them they have responded the same day !!! (most of the e-tailers you deal with would be proud of that response level!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Lump wrote:
    Is pigs back for Ireland only or is there a Uk version?

John
    I always thought it was just for the Island of Ireland but there's an option for Great Britain here:
    http://www.pigsback.co.uk/members/memSiteHomePer.asp

edit - is 100 points equal to £1? Not fair. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Chicky

Still waitin on me 500piggypoints from the iet coke survey..... But beyond that i've never had any problems altho my brother did get a Vodafone credit voucher from pigsback that didnt work (Vodafone said the number was already used and the credit didnt go in2 myy bro's fone) He emailed them but no reply - that was december 18th ...... it is now january 28th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

I've also done a survey and not got the points (too long ago to remember how much it was for). This has only happened once though. The amount of free stuff I've got off them has more than made up for any glitch I've experienced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I never spotted that survey :(

I usually manage to get whatever points are going. Any time I've had problems they've been sorted out pretty well and in fairness, it is a free service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

eirebhoy wrote:
    I registered with recruit Ireland no problem. Didn't get my points for a 15 minute survey though (was it a survey on sports advertising?).
    I got one of them after xmas - it said points would be added after 28 days or something (I Think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

Sleepy wrote:
    I never spotted that survey :(

I usually manage to get whatever points are going. Any time I've had problems they've been sorted out pretty well and in fairness, it is a free service.

They emailed me a link to take part in the survey - they normally select it on the basis of your profile, I've had really dull ones all about financial stuff so far, goes to how what they think of me - nothing about diet coke!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

samo wrote:
    They emailed me a link to take part in the survey - they normally select it on the basis of your profile, I've had really dull ones all about financial stuff so far, goes to how what they think of me - nothing about diet coke!! :rolleyes:

That's the one I'm waitnig for too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

simu wrote:
    That's the one I'm waitnig for too!

tis a shame as its 600 piggypoints!!! Think i'll have to email them but it did say something about 28 days for them to be credited if I remember correctly!!

Cant complain about pigsback at the moment though as just got 10,000 points for getting a 2nd hand car off a carzone dealer - got my piggypoints 2 days ago and yesterday they dropped the amount of points to get 5000 so was a close thing!!!

got me about 8 cdwow vouchers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I got some free dog food from them today! Yay!
    /me hearts pigsback

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Chicky

samo wrote:

Ha ha they emailed me a survey on alcohol before christmas .... i wonder are they trying to tell me something by sending me the diet coke one!!!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Neovortex2k

Oh i am not happy :mad:

the yhad a comp today on that if you had 200 points you could claim one free pair of 450 pairs of tickets to go see a special preview of Star Trek. i logged on today before 14.00 and it had the message the comp will start at 14.00.

I came out and went back in at 14.01 and it said the event was fully booked but normal tickets were available to be booked on the UCI website. There is no way 450 people managed to beat me in the space of 1 minute to get these tickets.

So not happy.I smell something funny.!!!!!!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Pigsback?

I thought that was some sort of scam where companies just try to monitor your spending habits in order to perfect their advertising/marketing and where the fools signing up for it only get a pittance back and think they're great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

This is a 4 year old thread. It might be better to post in Consumer Issues: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement