Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to get custom registration plates?

Options
  • 27-01-2005 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

Looking for place in Dublin which does custom plates (most of the do euro plates only)
    I need :
    old classic car reg plates type
    +
    plastic plates (black background and silver writing)
    +
    two small square plates for jap imports
    +
    one sticky label type of plates like you see on MX5 cars

not really interested if some of them are not NCT friendly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Don't know of any place in Dublin but these guys might be helpful:

http://www.fancyplates.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

thx

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭PaulK_CCI

Any of the ZV-plates (chrome on black) that I need to make up for the classic cars that I bring in, are done by the guys in Ashgrove Interparts in DunLaoghaire (01-2808350).

They have a nice machine where the numbers are imprinted through a foil which is heated onto the plate. Not as nice as the original embossed style large UK-style letters, but at least not as bad as the letters pressed into the two layers of aluminium, where after a while the "0"'s start to lose their centre...

They might do a couple of other styles, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I know of a guy in Meath who does classic metal plates (silver on black), and they are authentic large font (i.e. old style) plates.

I will PM u with his details.

For the black plastic (with silver letters), you could try Framptons in the UK..... www.buy-a-plate.com

Please let us know if you locate another plate supplier for any of the plates you want (especially here in Ireland!)

Slivera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

thx again, will let you know if I find somebody else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement