Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Still Like The Rock?

• 27-01-2005 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Just want to see what people think of The Rock after all this time in Hollywood, also, your favourite rocky moments would be appreciated, mine has to be when jericho made his debut infront of him, the rock's impressions of big show and kane were good.

So what do you think of the rock 16 votes

Still want him back in WWE
    0% 0 votes
    don't care
    75% 12 votes
    leave him in hollywood
    25% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd love to see him back.He isn't great technically but he's the most charismatic superstar of all time.

Favourite Rock moments?So many but I loved his promos:

At WM19 before his match with Austin:

"I'm the jabroni beating,pie-eating,trail blazing,eyebrow raising,
    not afraid to sweat,not afraid to bleed,gonna beat that bald-headed bastard,guaran-damn-teed!"

Also,in that hilarious segment on Raw with Gillberg:

(Goldberg comes out and Rock tells Gillberg he won't let anything happen to him)

"Hey Goldberg,you wanna come out here?Let me tell you somethin',I don't blame you for wanting to whoop his ass(looks at Gillberg).
    Hell the whole front row seat wants to whoop his ass,I don't care about you,
    But I'll tell you somethin',I'll tell you somethin' else right now,if you think you're tough,you don't wanna wait to get your ass whooped this Sunday at Backlash?
    Bring your whisker-biscuit monkey ass in here and I'll kick your ass all over Atlanta!"

Or how about before Backlash itself when talking to Terri:

"Goldberg,The Rock ain't next,you're next!You whisker-biscuit,bald-headed bitch!"

The WWE needs The Rock back,he's brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

would he fit in now thou?

If they put him on Smackdown he'd definetely fit in because i could see an interesting feud between him and some1 like JBL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

He wouldnt go on Smackdown. Raw gets the best ratings and the rock loves himself to go to smackdown, even thought Smackdown could really do with some electricity from the most electrifying man in sports entertainmnet.

yea but id rather him on smackdown, i jus feel he'd be more fitted even though the likelyhood is he'd be put back on raw. rumours are that the only reason he stays in wwe is to keep the name because " The Rock" is a wwe trademark

• Advertisement

He is the most electrifying man in sports and entertainment. He is quickly becoming one of the most recognized faces on the planet and one of the hottest celebrities in all walks of life.

Call him whatever you want, but to the millions -- and millions -- of fans around the world, there is no substitute for The Rock.

A third generation WWE Superstar, The Rock at first did not plan to follow in the family tradition of sports entertainment stardom, but instead used his athletics heredity on the gridiron where he starred for the University of Miami. After a very brief professional football career, The Rock decided to give WWE a shot -- a choice that would prove to begin a new era in the entertainment world. In only a few years, The Rock was a multi-time WWE Champion and one of the most celebrated superstars to ever set foot in the ring.

But it was more than his ability to layeth the smacketh down in the ring that made The Rock a Superstar. His quick wit, charisma, and ability to talk smack earned such raves that “The People’s Champion” was asked to speak to the people over and over again. Among his many famous public appearances were a stint hosting “Saturday Night Live” in 2000 and a speech at the 2002 Republican National Convention.

By 2001, The Rock became a multi-media superstar, having starred in the feature film, “The Mummy Returns,” and its highly successful prequel, “The Scorpion King.” His autobiography, “The Rock Says...” was a New York Times No. 1 bestseller.

The Rock may have earned his biggest box office break to date with a starring role in “Walking Tall,” an action drama based on a true story that is expected to be even more successful than his previous hit, "The Rundown." While many consider The Rock to be Hollywood’s next great superstar, he still believes that World Wrestling Entertainment is his home and is ready to return to the ring when duty calls. When Mick Foley suffered injury and humiliation at the hands of Evolution, Rocky returned to RAW to reform the Rock 'n' Sock Connection and the two competed as a team at WrestleMania XX. While Evolution walked out as the winner, The Rock proved that he has not lost his touch in the ring and at the microphone and is as beloved as a WWE Superstar now more than ever!

Advertisement