Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying PM's

Options
  • 27-01-2005 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Is there anything I can do about people sending me PM's about stupid things, and generally just being an a$$hole?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

:(
    What kind of PMs? Are they advertising something, or do you mean people PM'ing you about things you posted?

If you're getting spam, or abuse, you can report it to the admins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane™

Great i'm getting abuse, which Admin should I report it to?

Never had to get in touch with Admin's before

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

1) Tell the person to stop.

2) Put person on ignore.

3) If you are offended by it then report them to an admin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

does putting people on ignore block PMs?
    its worth a shot anyway...
    go into your User Cp and then Buddy/Ignore lists

Hobbes wrote:
    1) Tell the person to stop.

2) Put person on ignore.

3) If you are offended by it then report them to an admin.

Cool thanks, I sent a hot headed PM back but he's not on-line can I get it back?

It's cool he wasn't offended, he's still flaming, i'll just block him

Thank's again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Jesus, HE gets abusive with me, ie. calling me an ass, then starts a thread about it, what the feck?

note: Just because he started a thread about it doesn't mean he's right. And especially since he was the first one to use an abusive name in a PM.

Also: i was never actually abusive to him, and as things stand, he was the only one who was abusive. I was very careful not to be abusive.

Also, i didn't bombard him with PM's- i sent him one initially then simply replied his comments- this is not unreasonable.

GRR WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Oh look annoying newbies :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

gandalf wrote:
    Oh look annoying newbies :rolleyes:
    Look, make that one (though i'm not really a newbie). If he makes a thread about it i'm going to be defending myself against the ****e he's spouting around here, don't blame me, i didn't make the thread.... but since it's here i may aswell set things straight

No, i don't think it's necessary for the attention of the mods either, but a negative attempt to get someone banned unfairly.

Feel free to ignore this thread, nothing to see here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Whoot lock it quick.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

**yawn**

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

He may not have been talking about you aphex™, he may have many special relationships with other members, maybe even a copyright symbol or a percentage sign here or there, but most likely other trademarked users.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Handbags at dawn!

Thunderdome tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

ColHol wrote:
    Handbags at dawn!

Thunderdome tbh
    Seconded!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Thirded *Chuckle* *chuckle*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

fourthed *cringe* *cringe*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Fifthed *harumph* *harumph*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I got a pm out of the blue telling me to **** off and die from K**ro. It really pissed me off and I have no reason why I should offend him/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Well, someone changed an avatar..how easy was the problem to sort out..

Oh look this tread has been spammed!

OK to set things right, I never named who it was, and I called him an a$$hole, I didn't want to get banned (thought that's what he was trying to do, get me banned) so I stuck up a tread, was meant to save my ass, and get a little help.

Hobbes settled the matter straight away, thanks and to all the mods who added in there own comments, an example of leading by example?

BTW have an old account, didn't like the name so I changed, so technically not a n00b.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

thanks and to all the mods who added in there own comments
    Hey, you're very welcome, any time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Draíochta

old account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Wow... A whole 88 posts!!

Yeah, you're a regular old timer, ain'tcha...

gandalf wrote:
    Oh look annoying newbies

and
    Wow... A whole 88 posts!!

Yeah, you're a regular old timer, ain'tcha...

Doodle sketch can you define a newbie, as in how many posts

And don't say "YOU" and not "anyone who has less posts than me huh huh huh" because that would be silly

And Gandalf are you suggesting new board members should not be allowed to post! maybe we should ban all new guys, or better still close boards to all new applicants, yeah that would be cool!

Personally I think it's sad that members are judged on post count, and it shouldn't be allowed. Ah well I'm new what would I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It's to do with your join date, it's got nothing to do with number of posts.

Good grief!

I bet you have a tiny penis too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

dang i got honey all over my legs

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Plans-37797.jpg

Two men enter, one man leaves,
    two men enter, one man leaves,
    two men enter, one man leaves...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

maybe we should ban all new guys, or better still close boards to all new applicants, yeah that would be cool!
    ^ This is actually one suggested way of tackling server congestion.
    Personally I think it's sad that members are judged on post count, and it shouldn't be allowed. Ah well I'm new what would I know!
    Good newbie :) (I'm actually reluctant to use newbie, because I'M a newbie. 1998 is oldskool).
    Lets ban all thought of indecent things also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Call me a Newbie, but what's with the TM next to the above posters names? Is it the cool thing to do? Is it like the Yellow/Blue/Pink, and the new Black and White Wrist bands? Have I been left out of the loop AGAIN?!

John

Amz wrote:
    It's to do with your join date, it's got nothing to do with number of posts.

Good grief!

I bet you have a tiny penis too.

hmm 6 months, so what in another 2 years I'll be where you are now and then I'm not a newie anymore I'm a mod, great!

And yes I have a little nob, but it's cute
    :D

• Advertisement

Lump wrote:
    Call me a Newbie, but what's with the TM next to the above posters names? Is it the cool thing to do? Is it like the Yellow/Blue/Pink, and the new Black and White Wrist bands? Have I been left out of the loop AGAIN?!

John

Ah cause of the problem, I was lookin for shane+symbol, and I came accross tm, and then off topic posts, then deleted and then pm'd and then more s***e, and then a new tread and then the tread was closed and we all lived happily ever after (except for shaneTM who got banned a week later)

This has to be the worst tread ever, sorry I said anything

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement