Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESAT To Launch SDSL any day now

• 27-01-2005 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

The launch may be held over until Eircom make an expected series of announcements in the next 2 weeks (about new rollouts towns and possibly ADSL2) . It is aimed at leased line customers and not the SME market .....much less the home market .

It will be symmetrical as in 512 up and 512 down

It will be uncontended

It will be uncapped

It will be available from the same 40 exchanges as ESAt Business ADSL

So!

512/512 1:1 Unlimited €450+Vat a Month .

There are faster packages .

%*&(+_)(*&%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

What a bargin!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Oh God. Why do I even allow myself to get excited anymore? These thread titles bring me to the peak, only to crush my spirit with their vile contents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Poz3D

I'd say it's the fact that it's uncontended that is driving the price up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Yeah it's basically a leased line though without the same QoS levels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Poz3D

penexpers wrote:
    Yeah it's basically a leased line though without the same QoS levels
    Plus, you don't have the cost of getting a leased line to your premises.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

As I mentioned in another thread, those SDSL offerings are about a quarter of Eircom's leased line prices. I don't know why the QoS would be lower. Leap incidently provide both wireless and wired uncontended offerings so you can get one of each for decent redundancy and you're still only paying half as much as you would for a leased line.

This SDSL stuff is outstanding news for companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

So its a leased line replacement from you to ?????? Where???? Is it internet access?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Yes, it includes internet access. The SDSL connection, like ADSL, terminates in the exchange and then the traffic is routed on a fibre backbone and eventually gets routed out on the Internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Blaster99 wrote:
    Yes, it includes internet access. The SDSL connection, like ADSL, terminates in the exchange and then the traffic is routed on a fibre backbone and eventually gets routed out on the Internet.

hummm whaz Ezat smelll ????.............. :confused:

Advertisement