Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power Poker

Options
  • 27-01-2005 5:53pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I see paddy power have released their poker client. Seems to be the same as server as VC - although you cant use your VC account with the paddy power client, so a bit of a bummer.

Hyzepher

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Hyzepher wrote:
    I see paddy power have released their poker client. Seems to be the same as server as VC - although you cant use your VC account with the paddy power client, so a bit of a bummer.

Hyzepher

They are still testing it before the big PR launch is my info. Tried to download the software and it was taking 100 years!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I was able to download and log on using a new account - same tables/players as VC site

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I was going to post up a thread but didn't want to pimp!

Anyways, if you want to play just ping a manager they will unlock your account so you can play on Paddy Power.

Advantages, if you don't have a CC you can open up an account and lodge money via the PP betting shops.

There are alot of things I'd like to openly say but can't!!

never know who is reading :)

Only bummer with it is a held funds security system in place to stop money dumpers, so your winnings will take 72hours to clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I was able to get the software down, but could not install it last night. Anyone else have similar issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭dsab

Waylander wrote:
    I was able to get the software down, but could not install it last night. Anyone else have similar issues?

Nope, was able to download just fine, installed it, it updated, but then I had to call PP, as I had already a VC Account, and it didn`t want me let create a new PP account.

That was sorted quickly, and I could have a go. Made some decent money. But when I tried to withdraw I saw the big bummer (in my opinion)...your winnings are frozen for 72 hours before you can withdraw it. I don`t like that at all, tbh.

But other then that I like it. The colour scheme is (to me) far better then VC, and makes for me a more pleasant experience. But I think they are a bit stingy on their "New Player" Bonus of only 10 USD. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Tried again and no problems.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Did you know there are these new fangled things called links which can help people to find the stuff ye are wittering on about - http://www.paddypowerpoker.com/indexnew.php

musician wrote:
    Did you know there are these new fangled things called links which can help people to find the stuff ye are wittering on about - http://www.paddypowerpoker.com/indexnew.php

Never heard of 'em. Are they new?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

BigDragon wrote:
    Never heard of 'em. Are they new?

I hear they have the Internet on computers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

computers ehh???

are they like calculators? on the subject of calculators I presume there won't be any objections to me bringing one tonight to work out the odds on the pot?

can't all be like DeV ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭PADDYPOKER

How many people were playing on the site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭PADDYPOKER

72 hours?
    Nearly as bad as the site.
    You lodge with Credit Card but can't get the funds back to the CC only a cheque!
    Love to know how much they make on the Deposit interest every year.
    If they are only offering 10 USD Bonus, they won't get too many of the US players. Pokerstars have around 25,000 playing every night (around 11pm our time). Wonder how many of them will play at PP?

Must send PP an e-mail and see if they want to buy my Username?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

How about I just ban you and take your username? :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

your acting like you own the place devore. grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

One of the admins will be along in a minute to tell him to behave. Dev's been warned about this sort of thing in the past.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've given myself a final warning.

DeV.

Just a little update for those with 0 left in there account, finally a freeroll that is free Every Tues 7.pm ;)

Tis a $100 Freebie, no points required, enjoy only for PP customers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

You work there Samba?

If so, more $5 and $10 mtt NL tournaments please.

They are either normally $27 rebuys or $2, 60cents NL tourneys.......or the $5 and $10 are limit tourneys.

It will make you money !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

not bein cheeky here, honest. why would anyone already on VC play on PP since its identical?

i heard you can top up your account through a shop which is handy but what else?

actually while i'm typing this, cashing out through the shop is quite a perk! presuming you can.

They just launched give them some time and watch this space, suggestion passed on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

karlhoff wrote:
    not bein cheeky here, honest. why would anyone already on VC play on PP since its identical?

QUOTE]

If one had shares in Paddypower it would be good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Yeah that's about the only thing PP/VC are missing - reasonable level freezeouts. Almost every major MTT is a rebuy, which is nice for a change but I can't see why there's no coverage in the $10 freezeout or $20 freezeout area.

There's plenty of stupid tournaments on like $27 rebuys with 3 minute levels (what the fúck are these about?) or $.60 rebuys, but no normal MTTs. Don't get me wrong I love the 4K guaranteed and 7.5K guaranteed and the $1250 freezeout/$24 buying/12 min rounds is a personal favourite. The lack of good freezouts creates another problem on VC, when all of the big tournaments are $36 rebuys or $100 rebuys entering satellites to them is pointless. If I win a ticket to a $100 rebuy it's not really winning a ticket it's at best winning half an entry seeing as you have to figure you'll be topping up at the very least.

I'd like to see VC run a big freezeout - $200-$300 entry once a week or every two weeks. I'd enter the satellites to that (which are big rake builders for a site as we all know) and would buyin if I was having a good week. Back that up with $10,$20 and $50 freezeouts on a regular basis (all with 12 min rounds) and the site would be complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I like the way it is linked to my Paddy Power account.

I played my first cash multi-level tourney there earlier, came 5th out of 120, so I cant complain. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Anyone having problems getting into VC after downloading the PP client. I keep getting error messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mconn

Is this fix any good for you.

With reference to the log-in issues you have been recently experiencing.

We apologise for the difficulty that you have recently experienced while attempting to log onto the poker site. There is a known issue involving the player stats loading code that has affected a small percentage of our players since the last upgrade.

We apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused, and we are currently in the process of releasing a new upgrade that will offer a permanent fix to this problem. This upgrade will be available later today.

In the interim please use the following fix to access the poker site.

Select:
    >>MY COMPUTER
    >>C DRIVE
    >>WINDOWS
    >>PLAYER STATS

Delete the player stats file that corresponds to username that you cannot log in with. This file will follow the format of playername.sts. Once this file is deleted you should be able to log-in normally.

Again we apologise for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused, and look forward to seeing you on the poker site in the near future.
    Kind Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hibernia

Howdo! Haven't posted here but thought it worth mentionin.. PaddyPower's Freeroll is a gieaway not a freeroll its $100 weekly giveaway.. VC aint doin it so there is one difference.. I like it.. don't use VC anymore. I likes me green and the service is better too. I hear a rumour they are setting up lots of giveaways and interestin MTT's methinks its a case of watch this space..
    :D

Hibernia wrote:
    Howdo! Haven't posted here but thought it worth mentionin.. PaddyPower's Freeroll is a gieaway not a freeroll its $100 weekly giveaway.. VC aint doin it so there is one difference.. I like it.. don't use VC anymore. I likes me green and the service is better too. I hear a rumour they are setting up lots of giveaways and interestin MTT's methinks its a case of watch this space..
    :D

Methinks I know you... and methinks you work for PP...??????? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

BigDragon wrote:
    Methinks I know you... and methinks you work for PP...??????? ;)
    Where did you get that idea? Surely that report of PP's greatness comes from a totally unbiased viewpoint. I'm sure that "rumour" was heard on a street corner far from the offices of Paddy Power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hibernia

;0) I don't but my Sister does. Tis not the point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Good, a proper freeroll on Tuesday nights when I'm working! How about one over the weekend? ;)

Users with few posts to their name that start pimping get the smack down I say :p

Advertisement