Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power Poker

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I prefer the paddy power lay out as well, and if it's money going into an Irish company rather than a UK one, then all the better.

I'm sure the Paddy Power marketing people look at these boards, if not, then they are not very good marketing people.

1) More $5-$20 NL MTT's (Ladbrokes get up to 3000/4000 people on these). VC/PP lucky to get 100

2) Enable Private Tourneys like Poker Stars..... think GAA Clubs, Soccer Teams, Company Leagues here ... think big picture

3) Stop all those annoying pop ups for every single Tourney starting, maybe have a pop up box, similar tho the game chat box that people can just click on.

4) Buddy List ... cannot see buddies if they are on a STT .... why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Are they not based in Gibralter as well?

Why can't people cash out ot CC from PP Poker seeing as they can do it from VC Poker and also from a normal PP betting account?

I've not downloaded PP poker yet and probably won't especially if I can't cash back to CC. Here's a few things I don't like about VC as they're probably the same with PP:
    1. For some reason the stats and notes windows don't display properly. It means the stats are unreadable and you need to know where the save/cancel buttons are for the notes. My OS is XP home.
    2. Only 20 buddies. Not very many considering the amount of boardsters and fish there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I hit my 20 buddy max the other day. What the fúck is up with that? I had to clear out some uberfish to make way for boardsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

DapperGent wrote:
    I hit my 20 buddy max the other day. What the fúck is up with that? I had to clear out some uberfish to make way for boardsters.

I dont have any room for friends because of my fish list. Im not sure which one of us have their priorities wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I wish i had never revived this thread now, Dev is going to be angry!!

Anyway you can withdraw back to CC.

Hibernia is who he says he is.

I shall say no more on this thread as I doubt very much Tom will be happy with it!

• Advertisement

I mostly play tournaments or STTs so a fish list isn't quite as handy. It would be deadly if you could use it to pick a profitable STT, but alas players waiting on STTs to start are invisible on the buddy list.

I'm starting to get into this yamaha cash game business though so I might well have to get rid of lousy boards punks for omaha nutcases.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

DapperGent wrote:
    I'm starting to get into this yamaha cash game business though so I might well have to get rid of lousy boards punks for omaha nutcases.

Do I get to stay on the buddy list then?
    I swear thats the last time i'm ever playing omaha for more than 20 quid at a time :)

kencleary wrote:
    Do I get to stay on the buddy list then?
    I swear thats the last time i'm ever playing omaha for more than 20 quid at a time :)
    It was funny. :) You could smell the stink of hold 'em off you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

DapperGent wrote:
    It was funny. :) You could smell the stink of hold 'em off you. :)

Well I was under the influence of something anyway, or thats my excuse anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Hibernia wrote:
    ;0) I don't but my Sister does. Tis not the point!

Ah, the genetic radar was off by a few genes then. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭F Fiesta

Can you top up your poker account in a Paddy Power shop does anybody know ?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You can put money in apparently. I dont know about withdrawals but I dont think you can withdraw from it there.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭F Fiesta

Won't be worrying about withdrawls I don't think,

Cheers

:)

You can withdraw, though they hold any winnings from a session for 72 hours which is fair enough.

I still think Paddy Power really missed the boat here by 'copying and pasting' VC Poker.

They have their own individual brand that the punter loves, they would have made a fortune here, and with the 'oirish' in UK and USA.

BIG MISTAKE !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Rodge

My girlfriend registered with them, the held funds thing is an absolute mess and it is very hard to know where you stand.

Anyone playing in the $100 freeroll tonight? I'll be playing using her account as she is working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Culchie wrote:
    You can withdraw, though they hold any winnings from a session for 72 hours which is fair enough.

I still think Paddy Power really missed the boat here by 'copying and pasting' VC Poker.

They have their own individual brand that the punter loves, they would have made a fortune here, and with the 'oirish' in UK and USA.

BIG MISTAKE !!

I do not think they would have had enough suubscribers to set up on their own initially. I would guess that Longterm that may be their target. But if you look at the number of players online at a time on Laddies or VC, there is no way Paddy Power would have been able to match that. This would have meant longer waiting times for game a to start, which would mean people would not bother going to that site.

Good point to be fair, regarding the wait for tables.

Advertisement