Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removing vodafone s/w

Options
  • 27-01-2005 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭

dunno if this is the right place to post this but here goes. i recently got myself a se t610 but its got the vodafone s/w on it which i don't want. can anyone recommend somewhere i can get it flashed to normal se firmware or if someone here can do it i'll throw them a few quid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I have a 6230 like that as well...

I rang Nokia to find out if it's possible to do anything about the pre-loaded Vodafone stuff and they told me it was not. Then again Nokia are a massive company and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were full of ****.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

more and likly the latter

anyway, iirc theres a place on Moore street That flashed any nokia phone and removes all the garbage that Vodafone put on you phone, while you wait, costs like a tenner iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

do they flash sony ericssons?

more and likly the latter

anyway, iirc theres a place on Moore street That flashed any nokia phone and removes all the garbage that Vodafone put on you phone, while you wait, costs like a tenner iirc

It can't be done apparently.... Took my phone to the nokia service cemtre and they explained to me that the software in question cannot be removed from the phone full stop. I've heard this from quite a few sources now so I'm starting to think this is true unfortunately...

ah balls, well i'll see if i can find anywhere that'll do it and if i find such a place, i'll post it up here

• Advertisement

Please do!

Although it will matter not as I've already ordered a proper sim free 6230 that's completely unbranded...

Selling my current one to a guy from work for €300. €50 profit - nice... :D

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=32017&forum=2 looks like it's possible. now to find a place that'll do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

i unlocked a mates t630 today i also removed the o2 s/w on it by flashing it with a uncustomized GDFS flash file

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Yes its possible with nokias i know for sure.I had the firmare they call it removed from my 7650.

hey random, if you're in dublin i'll give you €15 to do mine

• Advertisement

deadduck wrote:
    hey random, if you're in dublin i'll give you €15 to do mine
    i'm in dublin but i won't do it for less than €30 tbh.

i was just on ebay and i can get the equipment required for about €25!

deadduck wrote:
    i was just on ebay and i can get the equipment required for about €25!
    yes you can but not the flash files

says it comes with everything required http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43312&item=5748096540&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW seems like your a bit of a rip off merchant. read a few peoples opinions off that forum i posted earlier, the general consensus was: pay any more than £10, and your a gob****e

sorry deadduck i was thinking you wanted it unlocked aswell, €15 no problem

pm me if you want me to do it

cool, slight misunderstanding. i'll pm you now

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I came across a site that has software download for Sony Ericsson phones. The software allows you to flash the phone, but you need a serial data cable (not the supported USB one) and credits or something.

As I'm unsure about the legalities of flashing the phone, I'll not post the link for now.

Advertisement