Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22 short solid ammo.

Options
  • 27-01-2005 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

:cool: anyone know a gunshop selling these. I like to use them on rabbits as they are just as effective as subsonics and the gun does'nt need a silencer sorry " moderator " ! They have a surprising range as well although holdover becomes an issue and they are best confined to 40 yards or so.
    The only brand I found in the past were Eley short solid but they seem to be as rare as hen's teeth. Pity we can't mail order ammo ( with the correct protocol of course )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Afraid I can't help with the name of an ammo supplier, but someone must be selling it hereabouts. I found a solid short (unfired) among a load of Long Rifle brass at the Midland range last Sunday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

;) just had a look at the Eley site and they are not even mentioned. Same old story, if somethings good and cheap it'l be taken off the market !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

You could also try CCI CB Longs. They give about 35ft lbs of muzzle energy, making them equivalent to a high-end air rifle, and are practically silent.

Aguila also manufacture solid shorts, AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Rovi wrote:
    Afraid I can't help with the name of an ammo supplier, but someone must be selling it hereabouts. I found a solid short (unfired) among a load of Long Rifle brass at the Midland range last Sunday. :)

just a quick question about the midland rifle club rovi. Is It open to everyone or do you have tobe a member.is it someqwhere in ofally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

E@gle. wrote:
    just a quick question about the midland rifle club rovi. Is It open to everyone or do you have tobe a member.is it someqwhere in ofally.
    Here you go-Midland Rifle Club
    The website's not exactly up to date with current news, but all the contact details and directions are there.
    The range is near Blueball, on the Birr road (N52) out of Tullamore.
    Open Saturdays and Sundays.

You have to be a member to shoot full-bore or pistols, but pretty much anyone (within reason!) can use the .22LR range.
    You can just turn up and pay a €10 range fee (I think, it’s small anyhow) and bang away for the day. You’ll be given the Safety Lecture and will be instructed/supervised by a Range Officer until they are satisfied that you are not a danger to yourself or anyone else.
    You can hire a rifle if you don’t have one of your own. I think that’s a tenner too.
    A 6 bull target is €2, and you can buy Lapua target ammo on site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

:DThanks for that civdef. I see on the cci website they also do short solids . Any shop you can suggest that might stock them? My own local dealer wants me to order 5000 rounds to justify a special order. It might just be the only way ?
    civdef wrote:
    You could also try CCI CB Longs. They give about 35ft lbs of muzzle energy, making them equivalent to a high-end air rifle, and are practically silent.

Aguila also manufacture solid shorts, AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Give Griffin Hawe Ltd in Athy a ring, 059 8631221. They certainly stocked them (CB Longs) in the past anyway, there used to be a couple of boxes of shorts knocking about too.

Thanks for the info rovi. I might go up next weekend.
    Is there ammo available to buy up there.

Rick O'Sea wrote:
    The best man for all types of ammo is Jerry Scully ;)

Jerry scully from athlone?
    Mc Bride Guns and ammo also has a large selection also from athlone.

Advertisement