Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda; Ocarina Of Time

Options
  • 27-01-2005 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember the N64 classic? what a game! had me hooked til i completed it bout a year ago, any1 else play it?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Everybody with the slightest interest in games should play it. If they haven't they really should. An absolutely fantastic game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

what's ur fave boss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Who is Zelda and whats an N64?

is that new name for teh Ps3 ?

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The water temple boss looked amazing but was a bit frustrating. Reminded me of Abyss :)

Favourite would probably be the ghost horse man. It was a really original idea. Thats all I can think off. There are probably better but its been awhile since I played it.

i hated the water temple with a vengeance, the shadow temple was eeery and yuck, the shadow temple was cool, eastern european music and two old hags as a boss, then they had that fight at the end.
    funny!
    how about the gerudo's valley where your kept prisoner by the women pirates?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Everybody with the slightest interest in games should play it. If they haven't they really should. An absolutely fantastic game.
    :o

the first few minutes of play seemed a little... erm... poo compared to Wind Waker's intro to gameplay.
    i'm told it gets good once you get the sword, though. so i might pick it back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Evil link was the most interesting boss... The game is only second to ff7 for the best game iv ever played

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

I bought it in 2000 and finished just last summer in the form of the bonus disc that came with Wind Waker. Quality game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

i got a bonus disc when i got my gc. it had ocarina of time and majora's mask (i had these for the n64 as well) on it as well as the original zelda 1 and 2. class games. recommend them to anyone with a bit of patience (people without patience don't deserve to play them)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ahh...the Collector's Edition. I got that for a tenner in Smyths.

• Advertisement

The Gamecube version didn't have the fussy graphics that the N64 gave all its games. It felt better on the N64, more like a fairy tale. It had that ICO and Prince of Persia SoT feel to it.
    the first few minutes of play seemed a little... erm... poo compared to Wind Waker's intro to gameplay.

Play it you fool. Its bloody brilliant. The game doesn't take off until you get out on to the hyrule field. And yes the game does get better when you get the sword because you can at least do the first dungeon (its in the beginners area).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The minute you walk onto Hyrule field thats when you realise how big the game is.

2nd best game ever, was best until GTA SA took over my life.

kdjac

yea GTA is somethin else but wat an achievement for n64

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

fitzer666 wrote:
    how about the gerudo's valley where your kept prisoner by the women pirates?
    i hated that stupid bit, i got stuck there and never picked it up again :(

The real hard bit was the wasteland that followed cos u had these crows peckin ur face off and had to follow some stupid ghost with the lens thingy and if your magic meter ran out u were screwd, I got majora's mask when it came out but never got past the second temple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Play this on an emulator, looks miles better than the n64 version. What a game

Hated collectin spider tokens thou, gettin the big sword fixed was fun, big party at the end was good, could go on all nite bout the game, love it to bits, from gorons to gerudos, ganon to zora's, big fish's belly to fishing, just amazing, lost woods is my new home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

The best part of the game, was making darunia dance to saria's song, made me laugh over and over. Great great great game, barely anything out there as good as it. And anyone who didn't finish it should be hung......or should just finish it

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

i only part played it on a borrowed N64 which i had to give back before i had half finished it

but as soon as i saw it as a bonus disc for the gamecube i bought the game
    and the gamecube to play it on

final boss was a bit easy or did i get lucky, i just stodd under his ar5e and hacked away got him 1st time

a truly superb game,

how could i 4get about the dance, classic.
    at the end i was kinda edgy, but got throu it ok, hated shadow temple with bongo bongo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

In something that would get me killed in certain places, I actually prefer Wind Waker...

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

playing through it on GC atm. I'd forgotten how great it is.
    i'd love to play goldeneye again on my cube!!

In something that would get me killed in certain places, I actually prefer Wind Waker...

You've just signed your own death warrant.

he's mad, ocarina of time is the best there is was and evr will be

fitzer666 wrote:
    ocarina of time is the best there is was and evr will be

http://www.eurogamer.net/assets/articles/a55538/94f83d5f-a86c-4e98-bd79-b209e14cfce5.jpg

Hopefully not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

when i get the gold scales so i can get that last heart piece i can die a happy man... but that fishing is SO FOOKING HARD!!

playin the master quest now, stuck in gannons fortress... cant remember where to get the gold gauntlets.. or they just put them in a completely different place..

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

One of the best games I've ever played. The music is even fantastic in it.

Playing the Master Quest version on the GC now too as it's been so long since I played the original on the N64. forgot just how good it was.

The new zelda coming to GC just looks fantastic too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 beaver2009

Vorrtexx wrote:
    One of the best games I've ever played. The music is even fantastic in it.

Playing the Master Quest version on the GC now too as it's been so long since I played the original on the N64. forgot just how good it was.

The new zelda coming to GC just looks fantastic too.
    I had thought my favourite was Worms Armageddon but now that I remember Ocarina of Time, nowhere near it.So many hours of play.It brought my whole family together, solving those puzzles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i loved the whole mask collecting thing.

One of the greatest bits in it is when Darunia the boss goron starts dancing to sarias song! classic! "oh yeah! this is hot!" :D

• Advertisement

it could be frustrating as well, like getting the darn chickens collected in the village

Advertisement